Grand Prix 2023 British Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

This week for alot of teams & drivers, Silverstone will feel like a homecoming. for so many. & its a race that almost always delivers on drama or Memorable moments since it was permanently the British gp circuit in 1987.

1987, the great battle of Mansell hunting down & overtaking Piquet
british 4.gif

1991 - Mansell giving Senna a lift back to the pits
british 91.jpg

1992- mansell mania at its height
british 2.jpg

1994 - schumacher getting black flagged for failure to take a stop go penalty
1995 - Schumacher & hill colliding, Herbert taking his maiden victory
british 95 2.jpg
british 95.jpg

1998 - Schumacher winning it in the pitlane, in 1 of the wettest british GP's on easter sunday

1999 - Schumacher breaking his leg at stowe,
2003 - the mad priest invading the circuit on hangar Straight

2007 - the roar of the crowd when Lewis Hamilton took the 1st pole for British driver at a British GP for 11 years
2008 - maybe Hamilton greatest drive where in horrendous conditions, he outclassed the field by winning by over minute & lapping all but those on the podium
british 2008.jpg

2010 - 1 of the most famous radio messages, webber saying not bad for a number 2 driver, that in hindsight was where Vettel & webber relationship has become intolerable
2013 - the controversy of pirelli's exploding tyres
british 2013.jpg

2014 - where lewis Hamilton won his 2nd home race with 3 drivers on the podium, who had started 6th, 14th & 8th.
2020 - Hamilton winning the british gp on 3 wheels as he had tyre failure on the final lap
british 5.jpg

2021 - the image that still has the ability to start a war & arguably did start 1. but is often forgotten how good leclerc drove that day & wouldve won the british gp any other year v any other driver. but he just ended up trying to fend an inspired Hamilton who was on a mission to deliver for the fans. hunted leclerc down
1688559484784.png

who could forget last year which did prove the 2023 catchphrase "it wouldve been a great race without Verstappen" as he had big car issues that took him out of contention . we had the start of Zhou, Russell bravely going straight to his aide, the late safety car, Ferrari strategy cock up, "through goes Hamilton" moment. 3 teams fighting for the win in the late contention & Sainz taking his maiden & to this day only victory

british 1.jpg
british 3.jpg
1688560036912.png

so who knows there is hope yet that red bull domination may end & we will get a great race like last year, but as irritating as it is to admit, having ago at verstappen is the wrong target, it is mercedes & ferraris fault for this monotonous season. 1 got the rules dreadfully wrong & 1 got them spot on, but with no idea of how to make it quicker. but there is hope yet Aston Martin, McLaren, Mercedes, Ferrari & Alpine are all bringing upgrades. are all so close together, so we have got our hopes like normal on 1 team leading the fight anyone number of those 5 teams could still be fighting after the summer break & potentially next season

Last edited:
enjoyable race, that was the hardest for me verstappen had to work for a victory all season. its the most ive seen of him all season. normally he leaves after the corner 4 & reappears 90 mins later at penultimate corner. the noise when Lando took the lead absolutely brilliant. it's what makes Monza, Britain even Mexico brilliant to hear the crowd go wild when home favourite takes the lead

shame the rain just missed the circuit by a couple of hundred metres as that wouldve been a fasinating race from lap 10. or couldve been a red flag. knowing what weve had this weekend.

we've just got to ride out max domination, as currently once we catch them up, we are in for 1 hell of season. with 5 teams going for a win. the underrated beauty of this season is for 1st time i can think of, we dont have head to head battle. as been McLaren v Ferrari, Benetton v Williams, Williams v Ferrari, Red Bull v Ferrari, Mercedes V Ferrari. now pressure isnt on 1 team, weve got a 4 pronged attack. Mercedes, Aston Martin, Ferrari & now McLaren have all come 2nd on merit in the last 4 races

we've just got to ride out max domination, as currently once we catch them up, we are in for 1 hell of season. with 5 teams going for a win. the underrated beauty of this season is for 1st time i can think of, we dont have head to head battle. as been McLaren v Ferrari, Benetton v Williams, Williams v Ferrari, Red Bull v Ferrari, Mercedes V Ferrari. now pressure isnt on 1 team, weve got a 4 pronged attack. Mercedes, Aston Martin, Ferrari & now McLaren have all come 2nd on merit in the last 4 races
I like your optimism - and perhaps the qualifying of Perez is something to give us hope...

However, I worry that this season is more like 2014 than 1999...

Given the pace of the McLaren through the fast stuff, I wouldn't bet against them being the team to beat Red Bull at Monza right now.

I like your optimism - and perhaps the qualifying of Perez is something to give us hope...

However, I worry that this season is more like 2014 than 1999...

Given the pace of the McLaren through the fast stuff, I wouldn't bet against them being the team to beat Red Bull at Monza right now.
youve got to have optimism, only think that got me through the vettel years LOL

it would be good irony if 2 of the most dominant cars in F1, both had there runs ended in monza, whose going to be the jean louis schessler of 2023. i think my eutopia wont be realised until maybe Japan at earliest. but i hope with the cars as a evolution, im hoping that our battles for 2nd will turn into battles for 1st in 2024 fingers crossed

enjoyable race, that was the hardest for me verstappen had to work for a victory all season. its the most ive seen of him all season. normally he leaves after the corner 4 & reappears 90 mins later at penultimate corner. the noise when Lando took the lead absolutely brilliant. it's what makes Monza, Britain even Mexico brilliant to hear the crowd go wild when home favourite takes the lead

shame the rain just missed the circuit by a couple of hundred metres as that wouldve been a fasinating race from lap 10. or couldve been a red flag. knowing what weve had this weekend.

To me, having 5 teams going for a win creates a great excitement, intrigue. When was the last time that happened? Great season, I like it a lot!
Hi, all!

To me, having 5 teams going for a win creates a great excitement, intrigue. When was the last time that happened? Great season, I like it a lot!
Hi, all!
1st of all hello & welcome :wave:

i wouldnt be able to know, ive only really known a 2 horse race in 20+ years ive watched. maybe the early 80's i think 7 different teams won the final 9 races of 1982 season & then 6 different teams won the 1st 7 races of 1983 season

1st of all hello & welcome :wave:

i wouldnt be able to know, ive only really known a 2 horse race in 20+ years ive watched. maybe the early 80's i think 7 different teams won the final 9 races of 1982 season & then 6 different teams won the 1st 7 races of 1983 season
Thank you :)
The early 80's was a long time ago. I wasn't even born then LOL

Back
Top Bottom