Poll Out of ten - 2014 Singapore GP

Well, what did you think? 1 is crap and 10 is brilliant.

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 4 8.7%

Votes: 2 4.3%

Votes: 7 15.2%

Votes: 15 32.6%

Votes: 12 26.1%

Votes: 3 6.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Fenderman The thing is none of their failures have been because they are pushing the technical envelope. The overwhelming number have been pitifully insignificant generic parts failing and totally avoidable. The only significant mechanical failures have been the brakes in Canada and Germany. Even Lewis's Hungarian fire was a fuel leak and unless that was caused by a new fangled high performance hose worth 2 tenths a lap, totally avoidable.

Last edited:
I've gone for a 4. It was pretty dull except for the last few laps. Lewis did well to pull out the gap again after the SC, but I don't think the result was ever in doubt, as he would have been on new tyres at the end and everyone else was struggling. Even if he'd come out behind Alonso, he'd still have won. Good efforts from JEV and Perez as well.

I gave it a 3 another none event Lewis doing lap times 3 to 4 seconds a lap faster than the rest makes it obvious to me that the pace advantage in the Merc is massive and most of the time they are running well below their outright performance so as not to make the others look silly, I would liken it to the Mercedes drivers having to reign in a thoroughbred racehorse whilst the others are trying to thrash the life out of dog food...

Last edited:
I give it 7, mainly for the effect on the title race.
Pleased for Vergne too, after his rather shabby treatment by the team fka Minardi shoving him out for a 17 year old.

Curious start, GP's of the early 2000's until the Safety Car, then little intrigue in what the SC had done for Lewis, then a few Canvas vs Rubber right at the end, about summed it up for me......

Singapoor was just another episode in the worst soap opera since Eldorado - if you're too young, google under 'total crap'!

The Mercs have so much of an advantage that their drivers have had to resort to petty internal bickering to relieve the fucking boredom, which we unfortunately have to put with hearing about every fucking second because the 'racing' is so fucking shit.

Three seconds a lap just suddenly became achievable at the flick of a switch (or other inevitable gismo) and nobody else could get close to keeping up. So what happened to the Red Bull boast then, Seb? http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/29286576

The safety car had me leaning forward, just a little in anticipation, with Alonso done for stops and Hammy having to make one more.

It looked perfect for one of the RBRs to give chase and swap back to SSofts when Lewis had to swap to Softs, while the other kept Alonso at bay as insurance - two battles, for win and/or podium - but any chance disappeared by the end of the pit straight.

I would give it a big fat fucking Zero, but have to put up with giving it a number larger than the amount of balls anybody in F1 has ever shown when Bernie comes up with his latest fucking hair-brained idea!

Rant over; got to go buy a new keyboard as this one is looking a bit knackered with half the keys broken - only a blank space between the D and the G but I think I know what should be there!

Last edited:
Kind of like an amorphous snack product - not extremely crunchy, and moderately enjoyable. It filled a couple of hours on a Sunday. I would've liked it more if JB's McLaren hadn't expired just before Bottas' tyres gave out. I quite enjoyed JEV's last couple of laps though - nothing like putting yourself in the shop window (not that it'll help, frankly).

A slightly-salted 7 from me then...

I enjoyed it, despite lack of overtakes. Besides the drama of Lewis needing to gain so much time at the end, I was also rooting for Kimi to get into the top 6 as my last-ditch fantasy bet was on him! Needless to say he let me down yet again.

Incubus - indeed, or perhaps a Chicken & Mushroom pasty: never quite as tasty as you'd hoped, when you saw it among the peppered steak slices and cheese & onion pasties on the shelf in the petrol station...

Back
Top Bottom