Off Throttle Diffuser Ban is GO for Silverstone. So who will be on pole ?

Who will take pole at Silverstone

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
The off throttle diffuser ban has been pushed through for Silverstone. Corners affected will be those you are off throttle in :rolleyes: ... sorry....

So with Red Bull potentially being the worst hit it looks like the already closing gap to Red Bull with the Ferraris and Mclaren could be very much closer come Silverstone. Stefano Domenicali has stated he thinks the second half of the championship could prove to be very different due to the regulation change. Who could argue.

So the big question is will we have a Brit on pole for Silverstone ? Yes Please ! :)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92374

I think Red Bull/Seb V will still have more than enough to hold the others off, even with the EBD change.

So I'm going for a Seb V pole with Fernando in 2nd.
Third will either be Mark W or Lewis.

The off throttle diffuser is just one trick of many that has come out of Newey's sleeve. I don't think the Red Bulls will lose much performance. I can see a new floor arriving for them with more space for KERS.

Vettel is awesome round Silverstone as is the Red Bull so I think the others will be eating his dust

Vettel for me.Remember all of the other teams improved their cars by getting their own version of the EBD working correctly.
So all of the teams will lose performance.

Red Bull say it won't hurt them as much as Renault and Mercedes allegedly..

It should be noted I think the unlimited use of the DRS in quali helps Red Bull gain additional downforce along with its blown diffuser.

Red Bull is the most aerodynamic reliant car and Silverstone is an aerodynamic circuit and I think they will sneak pole but only by a few tenths rather than more than half a second that we've been use to seeing

Without digressing to much the stats on Seb vs Mark, Lewis v Jensen and Alonso vs Massa in respect of qualie? what are the general stats, more relevent to Hamilton and Button.

I've voted for Hamilton in 75% wishful thinking (as it probably will be Vettel)

The off throttle diffuser is just one trick of many that has come out of Newey's sleeve.

This is one thing that has been pissing me off for a while (and is no way at all aimed at Yorkie) - Yes Adrian Newey has a massive input into the RB6 but credit when it's due - Red Bull's chief designer is Rob Marshall Linky

That is all ;)

Without digressing to much the stats on Seb vs Mark, Lewis v Jensen and Alonso vs Massa in respect of qualie? what are the general stats, more relevent to Hamilton and Button.

5-2 to lewis i think.i think button has only outqualified lewis in china and monaco.so lewis just needs to avoid being in so many incidents,and then it'll be tough for button to beat him.

We've all heard about the "Superior Race Pace" of the McLaren. But in all honesty, it is just as much the "Superior Quali Pace" of the Red Bull that bring the two closer together in the GP. There is a large amount of evidence that points to the fact that RBR do something to their car/engine/exhaust in qualifying that they cannot afford to do in the race for one reason or another. I, for one, hold out hope that it's the Constant blowing of the EBD that is giving them this inordinate amount of grip during their final qualifying laps. So I've voted for Lewis accordingly.

We've all heard about the "Superior Race Pace" of the McLaren. But in all honesty, it is just as much the "Superior Quali Pace" of the Red Bull that bring the two closer together in the GP. There is a large amount of evidence that points to the fact that RBR do something to their car/engine/exhaust in qualifying that they cannot afford to do in the race for one reason or another. I, for one, hold out hope that it's the Constant blowing of the EBD that is giving them this inordinate amount of grip during their final qualifying laps. So I've voted for Lewis accordingly.

It does make a lot of sense, that or Vettel just coasts during the race.

Thanks for the link Admin....I was thinking of Button but to me Lewis seems like a safer bet on qualification pace.

This is one thing that has been pissing me off for a while (and is no way at all aimed at Yorkie) - Yes Adrian Newey has a massive input into the RB6 but credit when it's due - Red Bull's chief designer is Rob Marshall Linky

That is all ;)

He obviously doesnt get enough credit. But the RB is always known as a Newey design, time to change it.

What odds do you think I would get at the bookies for 1st Hamilton 2nd Jenson 3rd Di Resta ?

tel you what GL - the bank of Rasputin will give you 100 - 1 for all 3 on the podium - want to place a bet?

I, for one, hold out hope that it's the Constant blowing of the EBD that is giving them this inordinate amount of grip during their final qualifying laps..

I agree with you on that Keke and I think it will show for the rest of the season and Qualifying will become a 4 to 5 way battle again - however Silverstone is a track the Red Bull has always loved so I can't see past Vettel getting pole whether he's blowing his EBD or not.

I just want to say that it is wrong what the FIA is doing, changing the rules while the season is running is unacceptable.
Funny that they didn't do it when BrawnGP was running a double diffuser or with the F-duct.
It will close the gap with the other teams, which will be great for the spectacle, but they gotta make up their mind and judge the same way they did in the past. Not, now we will it ban it and now we will wait till the end of the season. Where is the consistency?

Looking at the stats so far your all giving Hammy a reasonable chance (40% ish). Very interesting given Vettels dominance all year. Looks like most people agree Mclaren will be much closer for Silverstone.

I am rather surprised Alonso hasn't had more than 1 vote. Ferrari looked strong last weekend.

p.s.
tel you what GL - the bank of Rasputin will give you 100 - 1 for all 3 on the podium - want to place a bet?

Thanks but I'll pass. Now if it had been 1000 -1 .......:whistle:

Back
Top Bottom