Formula E News and General Discussion Thread

Formula E is prepping for the fact in might not be able to get into city centres for its 2021 season. Portugal looks like a good option. Mid-week races also might become a thing. I actually think it's quite interesting to see how it works out and whether we'll see a ton of different venues.

i like midweek races i think why not (providing they are on Wednesday ;) ) because why put yourself up in the clash l next week youve got BTCC F1 & Indycar. so you might get a bigger audience at ie: 7pm more sporting fans

Also sad never he did get arrested. wouldve like to see d'ambrosio in custardy

who the favourite for that seat. Grosjean had been testing for 1 of FE teams

He's Def signed up for Formula E next year so joint campaign I reckon.

I used to love F1 at Adelaide so hope Formula E goes racing there. Looks promising given that Australia seems to be kicking it Corona issues faster than most of the world.

Audi to pull out their works team at the end of next season

They have built a new powertrain though and will continue to supply Virgin until the end of 2023.

This has a whiff of 'we're not winning and it's damaging the name' team withdrawal. Be interest to see if the Abt team continues with a new works partner.

So what's going off here then? Can't be th budget they are running on. Is it purely because they aren't winning, the lack of prestige in the formula or is there something about Gen3 cars they don't like?

Lucky for Formula E they still have Merc, Nissan, Jaguar etc but still a bit puzzling.

must be the gen 3 car no longer being relevant to BMW, because they say in the statement we have exhausted all oppotunties for this technology

Interesting given that the Gen 3 car is meant to be all about greater speeds and fast charging.

I still think electric cars are the way forward so will be interesting to see where they go with the knowledge they have taken from it. I do think an E category at Le Mans is only about 5 years away.

My gut feeling is it's still actually about cost and returns.

It would be great if it had better TV coverage but no other series outside F1 has the clout for that.

The motor industry has taken a huge hit this year and it wasn't in the best shape before Covid. They've also got massive investment costs meeting the latest and predicted EU targets. They will all be looking to cut unnecessary costs wherever they can; and motorsports are always going to be the first to go.

The decision is even easier if you're not getting the results.

Back
Top Bottom