Formula E News and General Discussion Thread

yeah the market is looking pretty secure & alonso put paid to that, as shwartzmann will likely take the alfa seat if Kimi does retire & perez will take haas seat if grosjean goes & he isnt in the red bull academy

da costa on pole. championship rivals in order are 17th, 15th, 11th, 13th & 9th. barring a DNF or mechanical failure its looking like an open goal for da costa & maybe for 1st in formula e history no last race decider

1st of all the main point what moron at BBC Sport put a 2017 madness concert on the red button at 6pm. instead of the live Berlin EPrix i dont know. that is incompetence at high level thankfully when ive come back from iPlayer come to the rescue & did a rapid upload

on the race it was better than yesterday & we had alot more racing action. still not at the racing level we assume formula e always gives us. & 68pt lead now for da costa 12pts more than 2nd & 3rd combined. 3 poles 3 wins. great stat that with just these last 2 races da costa would still lead the championship so in the words of stevie wonder he almost got that title signed sealed & delivered.

da Costa is that far now that he can win the title on Saturday. if he takes his 4 consecutive pole & win.
vandoorne & evans - 7th or lower
di grassi - 6th or lower
Bird & Buemi - 5th or lower
gunther & Sims 3rd or lower
Lotteter 2nd or lower

Da Costa becomes champion with 3 races to go.

oh certainly that was certainly a race of 2 halves pre & post safety car. Fully expecting da Costa to wrap up the title tonight. 2nd is all he needs regardless of anyone. but if gunther doesn't win he might only need a top 5 finish

im sticking with da costa to beat vergne over the season, because vergne had no answer to da costa pace again

nice to know a rarity. a prediction of mine that was correct

also even rarer that a techeetah have 2 top drivers & by the race yesterday seem to get on very well as they were working together for the team. normally 2 top drivers are at each others throats

Yes! Very pleased for Oli Rowland. Top class racing driver who is continually overlooked. Good to see him on top of the podium.

So season ends with a Merc 1-2 which is interesting for next year. However within hours we have all sorts of stuff going on:

Massa has been bumbling around like a grumpy old man for last 2 years so bye bye

Wehrlein back in a seat yet again and I guess we'll see what impact he has. Given Jani being next to useless he'll have an easy job of improving on it. Can't see him beating Lotterer though.

Massa has been as much use as a 2 legged, blind cart horse in Formula E.

The absolute low being his rediculous refusal to back up when requested to do so to avoid bringing out the safety car at the first Berlin race. As well as the reason he needed to move being the fact he'd driven himself off the track without any contact with another driver.

He'll be lucky to get any sort of decent drive in any series now.

massa looked like a person on the way out & the drive almost looked like a favour post williams. wehrlein apart from strugling to spell his name has flattered to deceive. ive talked before about his poor record on paper. looks good on the surface til you do some digging. but yes jani only really turned up in the final race

on next year. i think its too obvious. as techeetah only won 1 of last 4 races of last season & then dominated this season. also can forget that techeetah felt apart in qualifying in the last 2. it cant be underestimated how da costa went from last to 8th in the final race

So rank outsiders Hankook have won the tyre tender for Formula E Gen3 in 2022.

Bit of a surprise given how well Michelin have done (can you think of one complaint by one team or driver ever?) however I think there are politics at play. Formula E are making a very big push to the South Korean market and given Seoul is the most environmentally healthy city in the world it fits their brand. Maybe we'll see Hyaundi join the grid.

Don't mind me I'm just sitting here waiting patiently for the Honda/Formula E Team link up announcement

well i can already tell what will happen, they will enter struggle at first, have their repuation take a hit & then after a few years they will start getting towards the front win the odd race get regular podiums. & when all the hard work is done they will decide to leave

Nah Formula E is not Formula One. They will sign a working partnership with someone like Dragon (Indy connections) - just like sponsorship to start with, will gradually get more and more involved and then in a few years come in full whack.

It's exactly how Audi, Renault, BMW and Merc did it. As the Mandalorian would say "This is the way"

Given that the reason given is that Honda want to move to a Carbon-zero future, presumably that means that their (non-hybrid) Indycar engine will also be pulled in the very near future?

No?

Why's that then?!?

Oh, Americans...

Back
Top Bottom