Formula E News and General Discussion Thread

Anyone have any idea why tickets for every race except Germany are available? Managed to convince the wife we should go and now I can't get tickets :dunno:

You know what come to think of it. Id have no idea how to attend a formula e race come to thjnk of it. For me at monaco i assumed looks like you just turn up & find a seat.

Im going to have research this

I keep watching it, not every race but thise where I remember or get on catch up. I so want to get hooked, but I can't. It's just not exciting enough, even though the two car nonsense is over I didn't find this race exciting enough to really grab me.

As I discussed a while back, it was confirmed today that JLR will be chopping between 4 and 5 thousand jobs. I remain convinced that the FE team is living on borrowed time and that if they don't make a significant challenge this season then the plug will be pulled. It will be very hard to justify to a track fitter at Castle Brom looking for a new job that the money they invest in the FE team is worth he or she losing their job.

I was thinking of you yesterday cider_and_toast whilst listening to the news on that. A couple of days before I'd read an article about the 40m Jag out into Formula E and the fact they are making cuts. Could be the writing is on the wall. Especially when you think this is their third year in withwit success and BMW turned up and won their first race!

Jag need a win big time in Santiago in 3 weeks just to get a little justification on what they've invested. I was wondering the other day what wage Piquet takes. He was a champion and a big name on the grid when they got him. I'd be stunned if he's not one of the highest paid in the grid. I can only think of Di Grassi and Buemi who might have justified more.

Maybe JLR can use the €125 million in EU grants it got from the Slovakian government to pay for its FE team?

Take the £90 million they lost in the last quarter and add the £40 million to run the FE team and in less than 3 months, that 125 million euro grant has gone.

Frightening when you think about it.

you might be on to something as it doesn't bode well. 7th & 9th last season so far off that daniel abt who came 5th got more points than jaguar combined & only 1 podium in the history

but the manager is certain as he said we have to take some key decisions now to protect the long-term future of our company. [It’s] really important we make those steps now. But at the same time, we also announced that we’ll be building electric drive units at our engine manufacturing plant in Wolverhampton and also building a battery plant in Birmingham.

I kinda liked Sanya.

I'm quite excited for them to go racing in Auckland but no sign of that being announced for next year yet.

Back
Top Bottom