New design

Just trying out a few orange related highlights.

It's work in progress so things will be in a state of flux over the coming days/weeks.

The thread marking indicators are actually quite ugly IMO so I may replace them with something else.

One thing to consider with dark backgrounds, they are NOT work friendly. Is a boss mindset that if a page is mainly black on pale then it is a good website, if it is a dak background then they will want to know more ;)

Just discovered the quick navigation menu, great stuff. Mind you, it may have been there for months without me seeing it, that orange colour sure makes things easier to spot.

You may want to clear your browser cache again as a few more images and gradients have been updated.

Most noticeably the navigation tab gradient, which previously wasn't that great.

Here's a small comparison of how things have changed.

Old
old.png

New
new.png

Yes or no for having a single colour for the page background?
Instead of the lighter band for the header we used to have.

A few people said they wanted a darker background and more contrast, and this is about as far as we can go without it being too dark for the other style elements.

The sidebar blocks have since had a gradient applied, giving them increased contrast and better blending between the page background and the last post node blocks.

Oh err, you probably noticed I changed the quote panels from green to silver.

Not sure what everyone thinks about this?
I wasn't really a fan of the pale green.

Ironically, many years ago I wanted a predominantly silver theme but struggled to get it looking right, now though it seems to have almost morphed into that.

Not sure it makes too much difference although more and more colours are sneaking in. I'm no designer so I don't know how or whether that makes any difference.

Back
Top Bottom