Meanwhile, on another planet...

It seems to me that the news yesterday had the desired affect. We are all talking about how stupid these ideas are and not how Bernie allegedly did something wrong and might find himself in hot water!

We are talking about that too its just feels like watching an episode of Keeping Up Appearences. The storyline might be slightly different but the plots the same. We all know certain things are going to be said at some point and we all know what the outcome will be.

Same thing has been happening for years.

The FIA's technical team are now called The Watchmen.

images

TEABAG YOKEL INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION STRATEGY GROUP RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE FUTURE OF THE FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

AIMS: To improve the Formula One World Championship ("the Show")

We, the utterly august and in no way insane, members of the Teabag Yokel International Association Strategy Group hereby propose a raft of changes designed to improve the Show. Any failure to do so will be the fault of Ron Dennis.

PROPOSALS:

1. Each race, there will be a random change of circuit announced two laps before the 1/3 and 2/3 points of each race, and enacted at said 1/3 and 2/3 points. This should be possible at circuits with significant run-off areas and will create new configurations and new challenges as the race progresses. This will also test set-up ideas to the max...
    Error.png
  2. The race to finish at any time in the last 5 laps, as per the successful pilot at the Chinese Grand Prix. This should create greater strategic intrigue.
  3. Fuel flow meters to be calibrated randomly, so teams have no idea if they're going to make the 100kg/hr.
  4. Night races to be created randomly at any time during any Grand Prix, using the pioneering technology of our friend and ally C.M. Burns.
    Error.png
  5. Vapour trails.
  6. All teams to give one testing day a year to Ralf Schumacher.
  7. Huge amplifiers to be attached to the back of the car in order that the engine noise can be heard.
    Error.png
  8. The competitors who qualify for the top 10 to be forced to start on 1980s Pirelli qualifiers.
  9. DRS only to be available for competitors outside the top 3 in qualifying.
  10. 1 WCC point for having the prettiest car as judged by the presenters of the host nation's version of Top Gear.
  11. Wet paint spillages on random parts of the track.
  12. Drivers to transport own tyres from airport with no external assistance
    Error.png

13. Each driver to get out and push car for formation lap.
  14. Races to start after a random number of red lights goes out.
  15. 1 WCC point for fancy dress as judged by the Dutch ambassador to the host nation
    Error.png
  16. Each car to be driven for at least one lap by Team Principals.

I actually quite like the idea of paintball guns for the pit crew on drive through penalties.

They could then hold a lottery during one of the commercial breaks (with cars safely parked at the side of the road and grid girls dancing around their poles...) and one of the fans watching could be given the opportunity to participate......

... in the pole dancing?

So what you are saying teabagyokel is that circuits with built in different layouts such as Silverstone with its long and short configurations and Abu Dhabi with its extra loops will randomly change configuration during a race.

Is that correct?

I like it....

If the drivers can make their own choice every lap, it gives more overtaking opportunities.
And if they have to take each route 1/3 of the race, it would also give interesting strategic options LOL And the chance of a rider getting their count wrong and a penalty after the race :p

Maldonado should be eternally grateful.

Rest assured that Maldonado will always find something to hit.

I also doubt that any of today's drivers would be willing to accept anything like the risks that previous generations accepted as part of the price of pursuing their chosen profession.

I haven't seen any evidence of that. This has nothing to do with the drivers at all.

It seems to me that the news yesterday had the desired affect. We are all talking about how stupid these ideas are and not how Bernie allegedly did something wrong and might find himself in hot water!

Precisely. We see these stories every year. The old, "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" story whose sole intention is to distract everyone. Not sure they really needed it this year though, as everyone is already bitching and moaning about one thing or another already.

The outrage that people are summoning due to these "alleged proposals" is completely unwarranted. Especially when the bulk of these "changes" should be welcomed.

Titanium skid plates - Fine by me
Elimination of front brake aero bits - So the (alreadsy) glowing brakes are more visible, nothing wrong there
More standing starts (One of the most exciting events in all of sports) - YES PLEASE!
Faster pit stop technology - This will almost certainly lead to unexpected events, and once again, it's no big deal

I do agree that a reduction in race length is absurd, and I'm sure that suggestion will go the way of the sprinklers in short order.

But I'll get out of the way now and let the doom and gloom continue. I suppose that is a bit more dramatic.

Back
Top Bottom