Maria de Villota

I don't know of any driver that uses right foot braking any more but they definitely used to Damon Hill was a right foot braker to begin with, (Is it possible Maria was a right foot braker.) anyway my reasoning is this even if she had of hit the limiter surely that is cancelled as soon as the brake is touched and so the car could have easily have been stopped by her almost immediately but if she has a moments laps in concentration and used her right foot thinking she was braking (As we all know the standard road car system is right foot braking) she would have a moment of panic and that would have been enough to send the car into the tailgate of the lorry.

Anyway this is just conjecture on my part, and as somebody said the team already know what happened and probably have known from the moment of the accident, all they had to do was look at the telemetry.

Anyway this is just conjecture on my part, and as somebody said the team already know what happened and probably have known from the moment of the accident, all they had to do was look at the telemetry.

I think we'll all end up with relying on conjecture for some time yet. There are too many legal pitfalls and health and safety rulings waiting for a word out of place to exploit, so I doubt any formal annoucement of cause will be made until there is certainty as to what ramifications it will lead to, which is probably just as well...

I still think the stupidest thing in the whole incident was not so much that the truck had its tail lift down, but that there was a truck at all in the position that it was, directly in the line of a car exiting the makeshift 'pit box'. I really can't fathom what they were thinking of if that's how the layout was.

There are plenty of examples in the construction industry of Main Contractors being held wholly or partly liable for the death or serious injury of people doing daft things on their building sites (whether workers, visitors or even intruders), by not doing enough to protect those people from themselves.

That's, true my brother just received 8 thousand pounds compensation for tripping over an unmarked step when he was leaving a Kebab shop he broke some of his teeth, and he was as drunk as a skunk at the time, where theirs blame there's a claim as they say...

I still think the stupidest thing in the whole incident was not so much that the truck had its tail lift down, but that there was a truck at all in the position that it was, directly in the line of a car exiting the makeshift 'pit box'. I really can't fathom what they were thinking of if that's how the layout was.

The trucks are effectively the pit garage with a tent protecting everything from the elements, the trucks house all the electronics and compressors and fuel, they needed to be where they were unfortunately.

If you watch this from 5.00ish you'll see what I mean.

I was about to post that but you beat me to it :)

Really terrible injuries, but I'm glad she's still alive and doing well given the circumstances. I wish her luck in her future operations :)

Agreed. The headaches would be awful and so would losing your senses of smell and taste. I guess men with bad hygiene won't bother her and neither will spicy food.

This is what her skull looked like after the accident.

skull.jpg

Holy... that picture of her skull reminds me of Phineas Gage. She is extremely lucky to be alive. On a side note thats quite a lively hair color she's got.

Back
Top Bottom