Maria de Villota

Racing drivers are tough creatures aren't they. I doubt she will ever drive competitively again but others have overcome serious handicaps either in cars or in other sports and their natural desire to "be the best" pushes them forward. You can only wish her the very best of fortune in whatever she chooses to do in the future.

SNN1239NEW-620_1600225a.jpg

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...Eye-believe-women-have-a-place-in-racing.html

Wow, I know losing an eye must be ****ing horrible but the surgeons have done a fantastic job given what happened to her. Always wanted a woman with an eye patch, grrrr!

I'm happy to see she's chosen to make the eye patch a color-coordinated accessory. In one photo, it was scarlet red. A bit of cheek, and shows the accident didn't break her spirit.

Maybe she can teach people which pedal is the throttle and which one is the brake..

That may sound insensitive but come on the so called accident was entirely her own fault...

An accident is an accident even it involves someone making a mistake. She didn't delib set out to do it therefore it was an accident.

If I lost control of my car on the way home and broke both my legs would you say 'sorry to hear that mate' or steel my crutches, trip me over and point and laugh going "its ok! the injuries were his own fault!"

people confuse me sometimes.

What a testimonial to the incredible strength of modern helmets. That piece of kit was sacrificed to save a human life. She doesn't seem to be shying away from that realization either. I'm sure quite a bit has been/will be learned from this unfortunate incident, and it's likely that helmet technology will take another step forward by applying that knowledge.

Maybe she can teach people which pedal is the throttle and which one is the brake..

That may sound insensitive but come on the so called accident was entirely her own fault...

Well that's rubbish! Not funny at all. The girl just about survived. Who cares whose fault it is? Human lives should be respected more...She injured herself doing a job that exists for other people's entertainment. I'm glad she seems to be dealing with it in a good way!

Back
Top Bottom