First Entered 2010
Races Entered 19
Race Wins 0
Pole Positions 0
Fastest Laps 0
Driver World Championships 0
Constructor World Championships 0

Manor Motorsport

When F3 team Manor Motorsport were given a place on the F1 grid in 2010 they commissioned Wirth Research to build them a car. Brawn sponsor Virgin became title sponsor and Virgin Racing was born

Virgin Racing

With Cosworth engines, Xtrac gearboxes and drivers Timo Glock and Lucas di Grassi Virgin Racing embarked on their first F1 season. The VR01 chassis was the first ever F1 designed entirely using CFD, with designer Nick Wirth believing computer simulations were sufficient to not need expensive wind tunnel testing.

Inevitably the team had reliability issues early on and they also discovered the fuel tank on the car wasn't sufficiently large enough to allow the team to complete full race distance. Wirth Research got a dispensation from the FIA to homologate a new chassis and by Spain both cars finished the race.

The team regularly finished races but barely troubled the mid-field. By seasons end the team were placed 12th and last in the Constructors Championship based on a count back of minor placing’s having managed a highest finish of 14th.

Russian carmaker Marussia have taken a controlling interest in the team for 2011 and Belgian Jerome d’Ambrosio replaces Lucas di Grassi. With the VR02 chassis Virgin will be hoping to move further up the grid in 2011.

Petrov is currently handing Paul di Resta his arse in DTM (I'm just guessing BTW, I have only seen one DTM race this season)
He hasn't scored a single point unlike Di Resta (24 Pts.) yet I would still consider him to be an option for the upcoming race.

Does that mean Max's dad has to pay twice?

All flippancy aside, a suitable reaction to the unfortunate events in Suzuka and would anyone be able to pedal the car any better than Bianchi?

I doubt it. They were preparing two cars according to Will Buxton though. Maybe they'll run twice in FP1 then retire the first (?) car.

I don't see the point in not running the second car and calling it a sign of respect the team could just as easily say we will be running Bianchi's car as a tribute to our driver's fighting spirit and a sign of respect

I'm not going to question their decision in a time like this. So many distractions right now for them. Its easy for us to think differently than them when we aren't going through what they are.

Unfortunate for Alexander Rossi who probably will get his chance in the US but probably the right thing to do for the team to run only one car

Easier said than done because the turn around time from Japan to Russia they've had to take in a lot and some of the staff probably would rather not be at the race

The best way to help the staff or Bianchi's race engineers is to give them something to do like run a race car not make them stand around dwelling on things...

---------------------------------------

I'm sure they'll be the best judges of that. It's a matter for them and them alone. Not for us the public.

I hope Marussia keep their 9th place in the constructors and with the extra money are able to make some further gains on the back of the midfield, attract some extra investment and then eventually become a competitive team rather than just back-markers. It would be a fitting tribute and legacy for Bianchi, who seemingly won't be racing again any time soon.

The BBC are reporting that Bernie has confirmed to Reuters news that Marrusia will miss the US g.p. and it's most likely Brazil as well because of equipment transport issues. All of the other teams kit will be sent directly from Texas to Brazil.

It's such a shame for Marussia who were really starting to improve this year.

I was under the impression that Bernie paid for the transport for the top ten teams. As Caterham aren't there, then Marussia should be having their freight paid for for them!

My guess is that by the end of the season, Marussia, Caterham and Sauber will no longer exist, and all teams will be asked to provide three car teams.

3 cars logistically maybe problematic but Mercedes, Ferrari , Mclaren and Red Bull are the only teams who would have them available.

Force India , Williams and Lotus will struggle to field a 3rd car

Back
Top Bottom