Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

On paper Hamilton is a quicker driver than Jenson but Lewis had his hands full containing him and he was outscored by him in the three year partnership, maybe that is what got up Ron's hooter..
One of the very few reasons I wouldn't have missed Button going is this kind of very selective stat. Button himself said that Hamilton would regularly blow him away, but what does he know. eh Meph?

You are supposed to be focusing on the racing Olivier. :snigger:

Sorry,

can't help it :embarrassed:

but I'm not the only one, ask Mark Webber ...

ehhhwebber_zps7fa8578c.jpg

Ron is saying that he has the best driver line up on the grid, with Alosno being the best driver ever and Jenson being the smoothest and fastest driver he has ever seen, he has also said that Hamilton wasn't blameless in 2007 in that he had his role play.

It seem's the duplicity of the man has no bounds....

Mephistopheles ..... The article on the Autosport website, also on the BBC which quotes Ron Dennis and Alonso and their views on what happened in 2007 mirrors much of what I've said for years and received a lot of flack for. Most importantly that there was fault an all sides but they've all matured and Dennis said if people are waiting for another blow-up they'll be wasting their time.
His comment on Hamilton surprised me, he said far more than saying Hamilton wasn't blameless. To quote Dennis he suggested Hamilton struck the first blow in 2007 and he failed to diffusel the situation.

Last edited:
I also believe that Button said to David Coulthard in the piece they did reviewing his career to date on the BBC that Hamilton would regularly have the speed to beat him in qualification but not so much in the race.

What were we saying about selective stats again?

Back
Top Bottom