Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

Would Alonso want another world champion who has a rep for punching above his percieved weight and bloddying the nose of other world champions (Well two) as a team mate?

Then again would Alonso want to come into Mclaren with a young team mate who has been a product of their youth system and is well liked in the team? Didn't work well last time did it?

Having said that Alonso has no bargaining chips because he has nowhere else to go and Mclaren know that. Which is what I suspect the hold up is because Mclaren are negociating his price down.

Just a theory. If this was an episode of the Apprentice that so would happen.

Here's a thought; Alonso is reputedly looking at getting the highest compensation package in F1 history, but that would obviously require the agreement of the McLaren board...

Maybe what Alonso has signed is a pre-contract agreement, subject to the agreement of the McLaren board; however, the board don't really want Alonso because of the impact in 2007. As such, they cannot make a decision between KMag and JB as they don't yet know whether Alonso actually will be driving for the team next year! If the board cannot agree to Alonso's compensation package, then Button and Magnussen will be driving next year!

My suspicion is that Dennis and Boullier want Alonso +1, whilst the board want Button and Magnussen. It seems bizarre that none of the three have been announced yet. However, Dennis' open criticism of Button earlier in the season can be seen as a manipulation to try and turn public opinion against JB. It completely back-fired though!

What I can see happening is that Dennis finds himself forced out of the team completely!

I like that last line The Artist.....

Pitpass are suggesting that after Alonso saw how bad the Honda engine was he wants to take a year out. But whatever the problem, it's very strange that they haven't at least announced his joining the team.

Titch .... Pure conjecture though Titch. I doubt very much that Honda working with McLaren won't be ready for the tests in the New Year and although they may not win the opening GP my guess is podiums will come sooner rather than later and wins will follow.
The link also suggests Honda were a laughing stock after their difficulties. Bloody stupid to laugh at the Japanese. I remember the British motorcycle industry scoffing at a Japanese piano manufacturer called Yamaha. The British said at the time they should stick to making pianos. That was a year before they cleaned up at the Isle of Man and played a part in the demise of the British motorcycle industry.

Last edited:
Do you reckon Ron will make both drivers stand behind a curtain and the one that is announced as driver gets to come out and stand next to Ron all smiles and stuff and the other one kicks the cat on his way out through the back door..

We have been votin' and the driver we want for next season is.............................................

Kevin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It could be you.
Jenson,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It could be you.

We'll find out after the break don't go away.........

Last edited:
The complete farce that is McLaren or should I say the complete farce that is Ron Dennis, he has a driver that is popular with 3/4's of the share holders, popular with the sponsors, popular with Honda, big in Japan, popular with the McLaren team as a whole and has out scored the other bloke by more than 2 - 1 and yet he is still arguing over a bit of Danish..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom