Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

I'd rather Jenson was out of F1 than see him play second fiddle to Alonso.

Kmag is more likely to play number two than Jenson but it will destroy Kmags career in F1..

Last edited:
Because what with the money the team are paying for Alonso Jenson would have to accept a contract stating he is the number two driver as I believe that Alonso has insisted on number one status to join the team, going by past history that is...

Maybe Alonso would insist on it but if the other guy is faster then its hard to enforce without looking really silly...."...Fernando is faster than you!"

I would think he would be confident of kicking K Mags bottom and probably Jenson's too given how he's dealt with Kimi this year, but I reckon JB could spring a few surprises on Fernando if he is kept for 2015.

Strange to think it but if another team or two fold maybe that would save JB by either making room for car 3 or simply dividing the cash between fewer teams and thus helping to pay his wages! ...and while we are on wages JB must be minted by now so if he really REALLY wants to stay why not offer to race on a £'s per points basis (or even free considering how much sponsorship he must get in a year!)

The thing is for me, I think there are many drivers who will be on the grid next year who deserve it need than JB. However, the teams that JB would likely want to be part of are already full, and he is unlikely to go to the likes of Sauber or force India. He has already said that he wants to be somewhere that he can win races, but that he has also had a good run, and if it is the end for him in f1, then no worries, he will like up another challenge.

Personally, I would like to see him up against Alonso, and I do not think it woud be a problem for McLaren, and maybe kmag as deserve for a season, with a few fp1 appearances etc, but I can also see that kmag is up and coming and has many years ahead of him, and hence would also be a good choice.

The only thing that grates me is that both drivers have been left hanging until it was too late for any alternatives. If JB is chosen, kmag is out of f1 and vice versa, which is hardly a fitting way to great two loyal servants of the team.

Well, Abu Dhabi is the first showing of the work of Peter Prodromou, so let's see. There have been significant backroom changes, so who knows.

I have a feeling in my water that the Honda engine will be a gem.....and if Peter P can work some red bull magic on the McLaren aero side I think they will be right up with Williams and poss on the tail of Merc....

Last edited:
Peter P may have worked with Adrian N but that does not mean he was the genious of the two and Honda produced one of the worst engines before the last enging freeze....

Last edited:
There will only ever be one Adrian N but if Peter P has learned from him and takes that basis to his new job it cant hurt can it....

As for Honda their poor past performance is exactly why I thik they will have thrown everything at this one....they can't afford egg on face again... But as I say its only a feeling in my water.

I really do feel JB is the best man to take both these new elements and help merge them.... K Mag has only two positives against JB 1) He's young and 2) he's cheap.....

Those are both significant in the world of F1, especially if Alonso has as big a pay check as has been reported!!

Also, lest we forget, the 2009 Brawn was put together by Honda, albeit the last few finishing touches were knocked up in the Brackley shed using any odds and sods they could find lying around!!

Back
Top Bottom