Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

F1Yorkshire

What was being suggested is that since Alonso has a habit of "breaking" team mates psychologically (cf Massa, Raikonnen, Piquet Jr, Grosjean, ...), as a relative rookie, one outcome that could occur for Magnussen is pushing himself too hard and going over the limit....

F1Yorkshire

I am seeing from the point of what if Alonso starts playing mind games and uses psychology to unsettle KMag . Remember the incident at Spa where KMag was a bit OTT in his defence

Alonso is known to be difficult to get along as teammate and can psychologically destroy them unless they are as mentally tough as Hamilton.

Alonso was not prepared for it last time but he will make play to ensure at Mclaren he is No1
-------------------------------------------------------------

Alonso may want Button as his teammate because he knows what to expect

- this appears to be the team that needs 3 cars the most than others

Yeah, Just like Hamilton knew what to expect when Button arrived from Brawn and gave Hamilton something to think about before going on to outscore him in 2011. Good job he's mentally tough.

:whistle:

Lies damn lies and statistics.... here is James Allens take on the situation for JB versus LH... http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/11/hamilton-and-buttons-head-to-head-record-at-mclaren/ Make of it what you will....

Personally I never "got" him before 2009 but I have really come to respect Jenson since he "stepped into the Lion's den" by joining McLaren. He is a damn fine driver and should really be on the grid next year instead of many who actually will (yes Pastor and Massa and Kimi I do mean you as well as a few others....!)

Last edited:
Tuscan, I was actually bigging up Jenson there. I don't think anyone gave him a snowballs chance in a hot bath at "Hamiltons team" but fair play, especially in 2011, he impressed everyone.

cider_and_toast sorry I was not being clear ; Mephistopheles is correct - I meant the article which shows various ways of comparing LH and JB was "lies damn lies and statistics" Take any issue in isolation and you can prove a different answer each time .

I certainly agree he enhanced his reputation in those head to head years and he got my support too :)

Last edited:
I'm not expecting you to meph, enough years have passed and opinions formed that they won't be changed. I don't need lessons on what Jen means either. I'll happily ignore it though when I feel rightly or wrongly it's warranted.

If Ron Dennis is involved in the decision making at McLaren it was never going to end well for Button. I think he's finally realised that as well, his answer to the question "would he stay if they asked him" showed a man who was quite disillusioned with his situation in the team.

Ron Dennis was always going to be involved unless off course he is being ousted , the question is how much input does Honda have and the expectations from Mclaren

Jenson off course is disillusioned because he's been asked to wait and there is hardly words of encouragement or confidence vote to praise him for some of his drives in the last 3 races

Now if there was a 3 car team then Jenson should take it if he really thinks he can be up for it.
It is not nice but it happens

Only other saving grace would be if Mclaren lands a sponsor who demand they need a British driver which I don't see coming to be fair

Back
Top Bottom