Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

.....whilst Kmag makes silly errors when under pressure.

Yeah its almost like he's a rookie or something.

I think Ron (and Lewywo4 ) are the onky people in the world saying Mclaren should drop Button and I agree they would be stupid too. But once again I say lets not turn this into Button V KMag. Kev is doing a good job for a rookie and is learning his trade. Certainly over the last two races we've seen his performance step up and less of the errors.

Jenson is having another great season just like he did last year which, just last like last year, is going largely unoticed due to the crap Mclaren he is driving. All this from a guy who apparently can't drive a car unless its set up perfect.

I think Ron (and Lewywo4 ) are the onky people in the world saying Mclaren should drop Button .

Just hold on one second their RasputinLives....one can have a change of heart....can't one? :thinking: It maybe hard for you and others to believe, but I was actually hoping that Jenson would have passed Ricciardo to secure 3rd place, and if he just had one more lap probably would have succeded. It woud have been great to see two British drivers on the podium, and a special feeling for Jenson being a first time visit, if he was successful. Jenson has done a good job this season with what he has had to live with, as exemplified by his strong fourth place finish last Sunday, based totally on merit.

Next post needs to be the image that connects them:
image.jpg
image.jpg

I'm not making any predictions, only asking a question, and in the event that Button's contract with Mclaren isn't renewed, with this article is he trying to open a door for a possible Williams ride? Williams aren't going to let go of Bottas, so that just leaves Massa who has money, which could be a stumbling block for Button. The team imo would be better off with Jenson behind the wheel rather than Felipe, who seems to just bitch and moan about drivers who he had incidents with........never his damn fault

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115283

Whilst Williams and Jenson would be a good combination I think the team might still have some issues with JB over what happened the last time he 'signed' a contract to return to the team.

Not Button's finest hour and not one Williams will forget too quickly.

RasputinLives There are no issues with Williams over the contract wrangle last time they did get $30m compensated and Frank was one of the first few people who offered support to Jenson when he was suddenly out of a drive when Honda quit

I think had Williams had Button or Alonso this season they would have done a lot better

I for one would like to see Jenson end his career at Williams . He's worked with Pat Symonds before so that should not be an issue

I think if Williams gad Button or Alonso this season it would have meant they wouldn't have been running at the back for 5 years previous.

Do not under estimate the job Bottas is doing for Williams. He's as far in front of Massa (points wise) at Williams as Alonso was over him at Ferrari and people keep saying how better a season Massa is having.

Jenson is doing well in a less than stellar car (yet again McLaren have dropped the ball) but I can't help but think RD would take any of the other top 5 drivers over Jenson just to clear out the Whitmarsh era. Problem for him is that none of them are available.

FB

Seriously apart from the so called top 3 - Ron is having a laugh if he would seriously consider Kimi over Jenson and pay more money for him and especially if Mclaren can't provide a decent car.. they aint going to see the same level of commitment

Ron's own position is not so secure if Mansoor Oujeh decides to have his say about the direction Mclaren again

RasputinLives
Massa did throw away a podium in Canada and got wiped by Kimi and K Mag through no fault of his own so I don't think it is as clear cut

He got wiped out by KMag through no fault of his own!?!? Ermmm....ok. Not what I and the rest of the world saw but hey ho.

Back to Jenson Button. Jenson has done a stella job for at least the past 5 years and does not get the credit he deserves. Certainly in my mind he puts Kimi completely in the shade.

FB well if you have added Ricciardo and Rosberg into your top 5 then i can see your point

Based on the last two seasons Kimi was definitely top 5 but this year he would barely make top 10 or be high on peoples list

RasputinLives

I am not on Massa's side on that one

--------------

I hope at Spa and Monza Jenson can show his supreme skill then and I expect him to make Q3 this time

Back
Top Bottom