Head To Head Jenson Button vs Sergio Pérez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massa also did the emergency pit stop and ended up with second fastest time.

Shows Checo and Mclaren have got more pace though. They are crawling back slightly although the Force India self destruct may have flatted them.

well Sergio has a lot of learning to do seriously after the announcement it seemed to have jinxed him .... no points in 6 races and 5 accidents

Button clearly must start as team leader if Mclaren are seriously thinking about wanting to win the driver's championship
They may seriously want to win the championship but I seriously doubt they have the car to do it this year....

Perez hit Button, Button pushes Perez off the track. Martin Whitmarsh has to give them a :spank: and tell them to get on with it. Jenson clearly felt that Perez had no right to be battling him today based on how the first three races went but he'll have to quickly change his frame of mind if Perez is going to continue like that.

I was surprised that the incident is being played up so much in the papers, but then Jenson does seem to be fanning the flames with his references to banging wheels in karting. I thought his comment about wearing his tyres out defending against Perez was pretty silly, Perez was just quicker than him at that point. Maybe if he'd have played it smarter/cooler he'd have let Perez go and, if that was the real reason for his tyre degradation, caught Perez up before the end of the race. Frankly I'm a little surprised at Mr Button vocalizing his distress in the way he has. Personally I was glad to see a driver - any driver - attacking, it's what we old-timers used to call "racing".

It was an exciting fight and full marks to Mclaren for letting them do it, but its no good Button crying that you don't hit your team mate, not when you run them off the track in the same race. And isn't that what Jenson did to his teamate in Canada? Putting him out of the race, and Alonso as well. Then went on to claim a 'sensational' victory? He was vastly more experienced than Checo when he did that to Hamilton and Alonso. Is it ok to do it so long as you're the one doing it, and not on the receiving end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom