Head To Head Jenson Button vs Sergio Pérez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will still argue that was Hamilton's fault, as will many. I have come to accept that old one as a racing incident and then a bit of play acting for the stewards from Jenson.

Jenson is right. Perez really ought not to have whacked him up the rear. However, when you watch that it looks almost if he brake checked Perez, certainly backed him up, and that is hard to anticipate or avoid when you are racing so closely. There is some risk in the way Jenson took that corner with another car on his gearbox. Racing incident. 50:50. If Jenson made a big fuss about it in the debrief and I were Sergio then I would want a look at Jenson's telemetry at that point.

Martin Whitmarsh seemed very relaxed about the whole thing and from the outside it just looked like good hard racing. If anything, I thought Buttons drift out wide in the corner was as naughty as some wheel banging. It's not often we end up talking about Jenson running out of tyres, which is usually his thing.

Well, personally, I see it as Checo hit him, and could have taken them both out of the race, he didn't which was good. Jenson allowed himself to get hot under the collar, which he should not have, but the call on the radio was "Calm him down" and I have not heard anything which related to tell him to stay behind etc. the racing was aggressive, but hey, thats all good too.

I do not think for one minute that JB brake tested Checo, how many times do we see similar behaviour, Alonso in Malaysia being a prime example, clumsy, yes, but nothing more.

I am sure it will raise its head again at some point, hopefully not to the detriment of the team though, they still have a long way to go before this kind of battle really matters.

He didn't. They have sensationalised it by using the opposite of "clean" driving. I think "dirty" driving has different connotations than driving which is less than clean. Oh, Guardian.

[EDIT] I have been corrected on this below.

Doh! I missed that. He is just trying to stamp his authority in the team. Taming the beast. It is that which will be Perez' biggest test at McLaren.

No, his next test will be Barcelona, when all the hype will turn into a focus on McLaren rather than Red Bull.

And isn't that what Jenson did to his teamate in Canada?
NO, you have claimed this point, as a matter of FACT, on a number of occasions and I have refrained from taking you up on it simply because it has been argued to death but no matter how many times you use it in a discussion the answer will always be NO that is not what happened.

The stewards didn't see it that way the pundits didn't see it that way, in fact nobody saw it that way (Not even Lewis.) Only those who chose to believe that's how it happened believe it..

And like I said the point has been done to death without an absolute conclusion agreed, and therefore shouldn't be shoehorned into a topic of discussion, because it is simply thrown in as a windup..

I don't think it's a wind-up, more an unhealthy grievance. I think it was dubious as to who was at fault, and one of them certainly was. It IS an old argument, though, and it serves no purpose now and it HAS been done to death. In fact the remains have since fossilised. Whoever was at fault, it was deemed to be a racing incident.

I'm not trying to wind anyone up, I remain incensed by that incident. Lewis didnt 'blame' Jenson because that's not how Lewis operates. Lets stick to the current incident then. It didn't even warrant a stewards inquiry but blame was placed immediately the race was over. I think Jenson let his PR Mr. Nice guy mask slip on Sunday, but he did dash out to try to put the mask back when he saw it being discussed on the tv
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?featur...top_uri=/watch?v=8a2-iUqoVBQ&feature=youtu.be
I worry for Perez and hope he remains strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom