Head To Head Jenson Button vs Sergio Pérez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenson doesn't wear a mask what you see is what you get, he is who he is, you can't on one hand say that he is always complaining about this that or the other and label him a numpty and then on the other hand say it is all PR and label him a numpty so which is it....?

He's far from a numpty,he's very shrewd. It's my opinion that everything he says is considered and done for effect, when the cameras are on. But on Sunday emotion got the better of him, that's what I meant when I said the mask slipped. That's just the opinion I've formed from watching him over the years. I just hope they doesn't deflate Checo and take the fight out of him. There's only been four races and already we've had Jenson and Martin saying he needs to step up and start scoring points, needs to be more aggressive, is too aggressive, isn't driving as well as Jenson and lots more, some of it in that video I posted. The kid's new to the team, he's young and he's inexperienced! He will make mistakes but surley constant criticism won't help him? Jenson is constantly touted as the team leader, the senior driver, the grown up so why doesn't he take up that role and extend a helping hand to Checo instead of criticising him....when he himself drove equally aggressively.. This is why I worry for Checo.

Because on track the only thing that a top driver wants is to win and will do anything and say anything to achieve this, Schumacher was a master of the mind games with his team mates and Senna extended this to every driver on the grid these drivers are considered to be the greats I thought this simple concept was understood by all and considered a necessary part of being a winner Vettel gives no quarter to his teammate. and yet somehow this trait is being treated as a flaw in Jenson's character,,,,,, according to some people that is...

And Jenson isn't the only driver to have criticized Checo this year is he?

Jenson's contract is up this year, does he want to be on the market as a leader and winner? I think he probably does. Does he want to be on the market as a guide and mentor? Only if he wants to move down the grid.

Jenson has said he wants to end his racing career at McLaren, but I suppose he needs to impress...with his prowess...so that they will renew his contract..

Jenson's contract is up this year, does he want to be on the market as a leader and winner? I think he probably does. Does he want to be on the market as a guide and mentor? Only if he wants to move down the grid.
It is? I thought he signed a three year contract plus an option which means it is up at the end of next year but I'm getting on in life and my memory maybe failing me....:D

Mephistopheles
I believe he signed a "multi-year" contract in 2011, which covered 2012, 13 and 14, with options for the future. - Certainly it was announced as a contract that would keep him at McLaren for the rest of his career!

That's what I thought and beyond his F1 career I believe if he wanted to go sportscar racing or have some kind of job within the team like Schumacher did, I think I'm gonna check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom