Head To Head Jenson Button vs Sergio Pérez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Perez will be able to bring some of the knowledge he has gained at Sauber to McLaren to improve the tyre performance.
I hope you're not suggesting Pérez will give Sauber IP to McLaren? ;)

MW: Sergio, how can we improve the tyre performance on next years car?
SP: How the **** should I know I just drive the bloody thing.

Mclaren have always thought about driver succession in their driver line ups barring a period in the 90s when Senna left as it took Hakkinen a while to find his potential

The difference between Sauber and Mclaren is the small family close knit group will be this massive professional organisation Sergio will have to get use to

Both Perez and Button are fairly relaxed drivers but with a determined streak behind the wheel

Pundits did say Perez was a better prospect than Maldonado despite finishing runners up to him in GP2 looks like they were right given Pastor's accident rates

What Sergio might bring with him is Sauber knowledge of how their car was so gentle on the tyres to Mclaren which would seriously benefit Button for sure

Ferrari might have a few grimaced faces if Sergio starts beating the scarlett cars more consistently next season and there is no " Please remember who supply your engines before you want to win the race !"

It's a nice proving ground for Perez before he moves to Ferrari isn't it? McLaren take all the rough edges off, show him the "corporate" way of a bigger F1 team and then he can take over the World in a red car.

well Sergio has a lot of learning to do seriously after the announcement it seemed to have jinxed him .... no points in 6 races and 5 accidents

Button clearly must start as team leader if Mclaren are seriously thinking about wanting to win the driver's championship

i cant wait for next season!!! i wanna see what happens to Sergio, and what he does with the car, Jenson he is a great driver, but not at the level of Hamilton or Alonso.
Let see if Sergio can slow down (his brain) a bit and show the potential, like Maldonado did at the end of the season,

Well early signs aren't looking great for Mclaren. But you can already see the gulf in experience between the team-mates. Fingers-crossed Sergio can come to the fold soon and that the Mclaren can improve in the coming weeks :).

Yes, it looks as though the focus is not going to be on the comparison between the drivers for some time to come, given the other problem. Which might be a good thing for Perez, not that he would necessarily feel that way of course.

It'll be a shame for if he ends up behind the Saubers, although his bank manager might differ.

Perez seemed quite slow in the first stint, but after he got the super softs out of the way he was quicker than Button. I think he did well on his debut for Mclaren and without his mishap in quali I think he would have got points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom