Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
lewymp4 I was talking about 2011 the Schumie pass on LH last year, when I thought it was commented that LH was caught napping.

At Monaco this year Lewis was again asked to change his clutch set up on the warm up lap, he got on the team radio & said "What the hell went wrong with that launch, I didn't go anywhere." He then asked for his tyre pressures to be checked.
The reason I say again is because this also happened at Australia earlier this year, where he was asked to change his clutch setting on the warm up lap & Jenson was able to get past him into the first corner...& went on to win the race.

RasputinLives - I actually would put the entire Grosjean accident down to Hamilton's start. He was slow away, causing Alonso to move to his left to try and avoid him. Grosjean clipped Alonso, and then clipped into Schumacher... Had Hamilton got away smoothly, this accident wouldn't have occurred!

However, it is all down to the fact that there were very few opportunities to get dry start practice! FP1 - None as the red flag came out, FP2, it was damp, FP3 - Maldonado shut the session down with his argument with the barrier. As such, there was no opportunity to practice a start on the track... Any clutch settings were just guesses!

LH said that he was asked to change his clutch setting,,,and that he has to put his trust in his team to get things right, He did question it. He said this after the race... & it has also been in one of the threads, a newspaper interview with LH?

I still don't understand the "dirty driver" comment, but ah well.

I am looking for it, but then why don't you?

Because you're the one who claims he had to change the setting? If you claim something be prepared to back it up.

lewymp4 I was talking about 2011 the Schumie pass on LH last year, when I thought it was commented that LH was caught napping.

At Monaco this year Lewis was again asked to change his clutch set up on the warm up lap, he got on the team radio & said "What the hell went wrong with that launch, I didn't go anywhere." He then asked for his tyre pressures to be checked.
The reason I say again is because this also happened at Australia earlier this year, where he was asked to change his clutch setting on the warm up lap & Jenson was able to get past him into the first corner...& went on to win the race.

F1ang-o....clearly you did say 2011.......:oops:.....my mistake.

Over here in the colonies, we very seldom hear about any communication that is held between the driver and his engineer, during the warmup lap.

Regarding Australia.....I read that after the race, Lewis sat down with his engineers reviewing all the data, determining there was a small issue with his clutch at the start, and no mention of a request being made for Lewis to change his clutch setting, during the warmup lap.

One win and a second place (for the record, Jenson finished ahead in China) yet still behind Lewis. Surely if we are going to talk about intelligence then Lewis is the one showing this attribute at the moment but obviously he hasn't had his own share of misfortune has he? Would have could've rarely work in F1 and if you are not fast you are not fast. At the moment Jenson is not fast. It worth noting that it is almost 3years at McLaren and he is still yet to put the car on pole. Even Kovi managed one in a shorter period.

Sorry but having rewatched it I still don't see what the fuss over Lewis's start was. He's had worse this season. I think we're all jumping at things that aren't there anymore.

Whilst we're noting Jenson's poor qualifying form it might be worth noting too that Spain is the only Grand Prix this year where Lewis has not finished below his starting grid position and that was because he started at the back which goes to show qualifying isn't everything. Jenson's having a poor run at the moment but I bet if we looked at his grid positions over the last 3 years he'll have moved forward in a race more often than not.

Fernando Alonso by the way has not finished lower than his starting position in all 6 Grand Prix's which is why he leads the championship. Alonso has not had a pole position since Singapore 2010 and has actually only had 2 poles for Ferrari ever. People get too hung up about qualifying. The race is on a Sunday and over 200 miles - not on a Saturday and over 1 lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom