iOS 8

Yes, I will.

Why would anyone want to take a 'portable computer' out with them?

What is the need to 'talk' to or email everyone, at all times? Where is there time for reflection and thought, and even a bit of silence.

When I had clients I was grateful when they couldn't get hold of me - it gave us both breathing space and a far more pleasant conversation!

And if all you need is knowledge try a bit of study rather than relying on the ever-wrong internet.

Technology has a place but it should not replace so many areas of human endeavour.

Last edited:
I've just heard on the grape vine (and because I can see the queue forming already) that next month at a quarter past midnight, the I-phone 6.0.2.3.1.5.2 is going to be released. The screen is one millionth of a micron thicker which should solve the bending issue.

All hail Steve Jobs.

Steve Jobs be with you.

Last edited:
Perfect, and I shall greet the arrival of such a wonder device with the traditional Apple fan's sign off.

Steve Jobs be with you.

iphone6repairkit.jpg

Meet-the-iPhone-6-Dali-Edition-World-s-Most-Bendable-Smartphone-459845-2.jpg

I am going to agree with Jen here, having just had 3 weeks where my phone was not taken out the house, was used maybe for half an hour in the morning to read emails and reply to messages and then ignored for the rest of the day the change in my daily life was huge and more than appreciated. Loved people not being able to get hold of me, loved not having to worry if my phone charge was going to last till I got home, and loved the peace you get when walking around somewhere and not having half an ear listening for the phone to ring.

People should do it more often :)

I-Phone fans who queued for I-Phone 6 get reward

"I-Phone fans who queued for several hours to purchase an I-Phone 6 yesterday received a huge reward when they finally reached the front of the queue and found that the I-Phone 7 was available to buy. Fred Smith (18) of Gloucester said the following:

"It was fantastic, there I was waiting in the queue for two hours thinking I was going to get an I-Phone 6 and when I got to the front of the queue they told me that while I had been waiting Apple had launched the I-Phone 7 so I was well pleased. They did say that if I went to the back of the queue and gave it an hour the I-Phone 8 would be available, or if I didn't want to do that I could pop round to Starbucks, grab a skinny late and come back in two hours and the I-Phone 9 would be availalbe. I'm not sure what to do now. I've heard the I-Phone 8 may be a slighter lighter shade of white than the 7 but the 9 may come with 10 bytes more memory. Oooh choices choices."

I don't like it when people are walking around using a bluetooth earset the problem is for some reason they talk extremely loudly and it looks like they are talking to themselves, do they not realize that they look and sound like loons....

Jen and canis, you're being ironic right? Writing that on here?
No.

I have a laptop which is wired into my back bedroom. It has been there since I bought it and will remain so. My phone does calls and texts - I believe it can do pictures and videos as well, but this hasn't been tested.

I didn't say I disagree with the benefits of technology, but I do disagree with its all-pervading presence.

OK, should have said 'constantly plugged into a socket!

However, I am aware that the laptop has a life of its own especially when I don't shut it down properly.

It all comes down to what kind of lifestyle you lead.

Mine is a fairly active life, two jobs plus being a part of the dating game means I'm no longer at home as much as I used to be. It's very useful to have information instantly to hand as well as a camera for capturing moments, music to listen to, having an actual diary where I can keep track of what I'm doing when (not who I'm doing when Mephistopheles LOL).

Living in the city centre means I don't have a need for a car most days so at the times when I do need to travel a little further afield I have all the information for taxi's/trains/buses to hand as well.

You can buy separate items that do all of the above things but why bother when it can all be done plus a hell of a lot more with a single device which is pocket-sized.

Because one's brain ceases to work if not used to its full function? :) And it is really very pleasant to let go and relax

When working and raising children, I was a great list maker - as a consequence, if it wasn't one the list, it didn't 'count', to my detriment sometimes. I am now 'holding stuff in my head', rather than writing it down and my brain is much more active!

Whether that is a good or bad thing who knows? Some here have their opinions but with luck dementia won't be a problem though ;)

Back
Top Bottom