iOS 8

I've heard mixed reviews of the Samsung Galaxy, but Windows Phone might be the way to go, haven't heard too many bad things. One of my friends has a Nokia Lumia and the camera quality is absolutely incredible. Might have to try Windows, I get an upgrade in November.

The downside to these hugely expensive phones are the two year contracts. If you choose badly you're stuck with a phone that you don't like.

Suppose iOS is the safe option for me as I've been used to it for so long.

ag0qQOn_460s.jpg

Sorry Jen, I don't have a laptop. I have had my new phone over a week now, a Nokia 301. Unfortunately it was not fully charged, so far the charge that I gave it is still showing the battery as being full after five days.

There is an invoice from O2 that came with the phone. One part reads:

"Thanks for doing your bit for the planet by choosing not to take a charger"

That was in the same box as the phone and the charger.:givemestrength:

Currently downloading the update now. Half the world is trying to get the latest version of the software and so far the servers are running smooth. I should have really waited as I'm heading to the pub in 10 mins but the software should be on by then!

I normally wait a while for feedback and the big fixes to go on.

I've got a 5s so assuming good comparability. My other half has my old 4s so I'm really interested to hear how it works on both models. Ta.

agree about the 1020 and the battery is better than my old HTC... Not sure about 3 days though. Great satnav and camera and on-line Office is a big help with work and getting site teams to do their reports.

I've struggled getting my head around ios; maybe I'm not dumb enough :D

Instead of a 16GB memory I'll now have a 64GB memory which means I can have vastly more music on my phone to keep me occupied while on my commute as well as masses more space to capture pictures and videos of my adventures.
I'm on a 2 year contract cycle anyway with my phone and the money I'm getting back for my existing phone will cover the up front payment needed on the new phone. I'm also getting a faster speed internet as well as 20 times as much data usage to use per month.
Plus the new phone is faster and larger than my current model which means more room for my fingers to type and less typos.

For someone whose phone is a key part of their technological life it is a great benefit to me.

Can't wait for the Apple I-Phone 6.1.1.1 to come out next week, apparently the corners are just a little rounder than the Samsung version and its available in any colour you like as long as you like white. Exciting times.

.... the corners are just a little rounder than the Samsung version....

So it's not going to be a Dallas phone. What an unbelievable improvement, it must give a high just thinking about it. I really, really, really feel that I'm missing out here. Can you make calls on it?

Back
Top Bottom