French Grand Prix

Stooped = bent over
Steeped = soaked in

The price of pedantry is constant vigilance. :whistle:

(I need a "pedant hat" smiley :twisted:)

Sorry our Jo I'll correct it

I really like Paul Ricard and the idea of F1 cars whizzing through Paris sounds cool too but I always hoped they'd hold something at or near Le Mans as its bent over with stomach cramps in motorsport history

:victory:

I know you're only teasing Joseph - my grammer bad.

Back to racing in France - how about a race round the streets of Strasbourg? It could go past the European Union buildings and cross the border into Germany making it the only GP to be in 2 different countries. A true European Grand Prix.

I thought a major obstacle to returning to Paul Ricard was BECAUSE Bernie owns it and he wouldnt receive a thick wedge of cash from the promoters, unless he charged himself?

Well the french are looking for an alternation between Spa and Paul Ricard(?).
To be honest, i don't wanna lose Spa of the calender. But on the other hand this might safe Spa to stay on the calender for some time, although it's not for every year.

If I owned a Grand Prix circuit I want it used in all the top motorsports and it to be considered one of the best tracks in the world!

I guess this is proof why Bernie is a zillionaire and I have £23 to last me until payday next week.

Tsheporam stinking up the forums like in the 606 days....

Back to topic. I thought a major obstacle to returning to Paul Ricard was BECAUSE Bernie owns it and he wouldnt receive a thick wedge of cash from the promoters, unless he charged himself?

Ross? the boss? I thought I was the only boss on here! Join the club of the bosses!
And he dosent need to pay he'll just earn more from the sponsors.

Personally I quite liked Magny-Cours too. The Adelaide hairpin was a reasonable overtaking spot, and it had some good, quick corners. Certainly no worse than other tracks of that generation. Admittedly I never had to go there, though.

It's nothing short of disgusting that the country that gave birth to Grand Prix racing no longer has an event. Paul Ricard I can't really see happening for the financial reasons already discussed. The full Sarthe circuit at Le Mans is a complete no as far as safety is concerned (as well as being a heretical idea!), while the Bugatti is a strong contender for the worst circuit in the world. Personally my ideal would be to hold races at an updated and lengthened Dijon, but that's extremely unlikely. Wherever it is and whatever it's like, though, I really hope France can reclaim her rightful place on the calendar.

I'd rather see Magny-Cours on the calendar in the French GP slot than the race that's replaced it. Valencia.

Boring, not picturesque, difficult to watch, producer of no overtaking and not even in bloody France!

That is the Grand Prix. There should be a French GP. Even a boring, rubbish French Grand Prix would be better than having two boring, rubbish Spanish Grands Prix!

I have a soft spot for Magny Cours as well.Its where I had my F1 driving experience day so I would love to see it back on the calender.

I'm French and I hate Magny Cours, it's not really a good track but still better than Valencia LOL
I prefer by far Paul Ricard, there is a lot more overtaking possibilities and it's more challenging for the drivers.

And it's not owned by Bernie, he let the ownership of this track to is ex-wife in the divorce :yes:

I have always liked Magny-Cours :embarrassed:

I don't know why...could be it is a track that's been there since I have always watched F1, but I have always liked. I hope France get a GP underway in F1, I find it hard to believe that Spain can have two tracks on the F1 calender but France with none...

I prefer by far Paul Ricard, there is a lot more overtaking possibilities and it's more challenging for the drivers.And it's not owned by Bernie, he let the ownership of this track to is ex-wife in the divorce :yes:

Do you think Bernie's ex will pay him the money to have a grand prix there? would kind of be his money she was using.

Back
Top Bottom