Ferrari: 10 little indians

Not wanting to be the only sceptical one round here, but until I saw this I thought there was a good chance that Jean Todt may want to distance himself from Ferrari to establish himself in his new role and to be seen to be doing so, however...

In the sceptical world we have built around F1 packed with it's conspiracy theories, vendettas and the like could this not just be interpreted as an introduction into encouraging JT to focus on Ferrari in order to keep them in the game.

I would like to think not, and Ferrari certainly have allowed a few faux pas onto their website recently - so I can only hope this one gets pulled and is simply a demonstration of feeling internally rather than a political positioning

Ferrari (and possibly FOTA) are unhappy at decisions made by the FIA and at the way that the FIA has been managed.

Ferrari are always un-happy at the way F1 is managed. If they had their way it would be the Ferrari 1 championship with a season of 1 race at Marinello and for just 2 cars both of which were Ferraris. (Mind you I bet Luca Badoer would still come third!!!)

I am wondering how much impact Fiat's current financial woes will have on the Ferrari F1 team. I can't see them continuously putting 300 to 400 million US dollars into what is, to a large extent, a fringe sport, while their very existence may be in question. With that in mind, I wonder if this statement isn't also a warning to BE that the teams need a larger percentage of the income from F!.

siffert_fan said:
I am wondering how much impact Fiat's current financial woes will have on the Ferrari F1 team. I can't see them continuously putting 300 to 400 million US dollars into what is, to a large extent, a fringe sport, while their very existence may be in question. With that in mind, I wonder if this statement isn't also a warning to BE that the teams need a larger percentage of the income from F!.

unless i am seriously wrong, which might be the case, fiat does not put that much money into ferrari to pay for the F1 team. basically the F1 team is the ferrari form of advertising for their road cars so the cost of the team is included in the price of the road cars.

Ferrari now claim to be financially self-supporting. It wasn't always the case. I think Marlboro have a lot to do with it.

I remember that title too Speshal!

Ferrari are in pretty good shape at the moment - record profits. Though the fact these profits are a record for them does indicate how dire they've been in the past!

rufus_mcdufus said :

Though the fact these profits are a record for them does indicate how dire they've been in the past!

Ferrari only build about 6000 cars a year (and sell all of them) so compared to the likes of Honda/Ford/Toyota etc. are probably of 'independent' scale. If you've got money to throw at a brand new Ferrari the chances are you can still afford one global recession or no global recession.

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of their profits came from franchised products/gifts etc.

Back
Top Bottom