F1 2023

I've been watching the recent car launches with keen interest. I note that one team have moved their floggle toggle box 2mm to the left while another team have moved theirs 3mm to the right.

It's these unique and staggeringly different design approaches that makes launch season so fascinating.

It's these unique and staggeringly different design approaches that makes launch season so fascinating.

It's these unique and staggeringly different design approaches that's making me enjoy IMSA/Bathurst/WEC...

Now to my eye, it doesn't look like it's lower overall but looks more like they're not running the huge rake we've become accustomed to over the last 4 or 5 seasons.

A slightly lower, more level car should improve the ground effect and make the downforce generated more consistent. We will probably see much less bouncing this year.

i was watching their shakedown / unveiling this afternoon & i know that there are no times so i could be miles off. you hear off so many drivers who in qualifying thinking theyve driven the perfect lap & are extremely happy with the it. until engineers tells them half a second slower than their teammate

but the car looked very good. i would almost say it looked on rails. good top speed, very quick in the change of direction. i was initially impressed

:cheer:

Well bugger me sideways. A car with easily discernable design differences.

Narrow vertical side pod entries redeveloped from last years wider, sloped ones. Still kept the minimum "zero" pod design but it looks a lot tidier.

Very smart

yeah some of the cars you can see & mercedes is the best example of this, you can tell that the teams have learnt alot with these new cars & they know where theyve been going wrong. & the cars do look smoother weirdly

interesting to hear this, they must have believed that the gap C1 & C2 were too large

2022C1C2C3C4C5
2023C0C1C2C3C4C5
However, for this year, a new compound has been added to the mix, meaning
Pirelli now have 6 options – ranging from the softest C5 tyre to the hardest C0.
Last year’s C1 has become the C0, and is now the hardest tyre in the range, while the 2023-spec C1 is an all-new product that slots between the previous C1 & C2

Last edited:
very interesting could be 1 to watch this season as they could be 20kg+ lighter than some cars on the grid they i believe are the only team to be underweight in this new era.

but this year is going to be fasinating of course im excited for what i believe could be the 1st 3 horse battle since 2010. (2003 1999?? in 25yrs before that) because that battle for is more about who misses out than almost who gets it because its goes without saying that of course only 1 team can finish 4th but from what ive been reading Laurence Stoll wants 4th & has been putting big pressure make sure it happens. with aim in 2024 to be racing with the big 3,

same with alpine. apparently want to be challenging for a title in 2025.

Zac Brown is very aware that of he doesnt start delivering soon a car that can at least be regularly on the podium. Norris will be gone almost certainly by 2025 maybe even as soon as next season

as i was saying its goes without saying that 1 of these team will finish 6th or worse. because in that fight for 4th. Haas are very bullish by saying they can compete for the 1st time with no excuses as they can use all the cost cap money

What's he testing Miss Bahrain for?
Screenshot_20230220-225955_Instagram.jpg

Back
Top Bottom