BBC F1 2013

Watched the Beeb for the first time this year. Suzi Perry is crap, she doesn't seem to know much about much. For example she was on about the 'long' straight in China at the end of qually when it the pit straight on the FOM feed.

Well I know it is spelt with an "H" and I know they only relate to each other in a support the rich kind of way but the bloody joke wouldn't have worked then would it....>:(

Edit

And it doesn't work now thanks to you..

Cheers for that...:thumbsup:

Back on topic, I flicked the BBC on for about 30 seconds this morning and it was awful.

Did anyone else watch the F1 Forum? I'm watching it back on iPlayer and Suzi Perry's presenting is cringe worthy. I have not liked her main show coverage but on the forum it just felt so disjointed and there were so many awkward moments between her, EJ and DC - moments of silence, etc. Whenever she gets a message in her ear there's a huge silence then she stutters some kind of message, trying to repeat what she has been told.

Besides all of that I enjoyed the Chinese GP.

Same, I know it's early days, but I really don't think she fits in well enough. There isn't the same chemistry as there has been over the past few years, and if they had to choose someone to replace Jake, I'd have chosen Lee McKenzie; she seems more in tune with F1 and I seem to remember her doing a good job covering various GPs in the past. Anyway, I'll still watch because I don't have much choice :rolleyes:

[EDIT] just finished watching the BBC Forum, and Lee seems so much more comfortable than Suzi :whistle:

I agree, I thought Lee was the easy choice especially after how well she did when Jake wasn't there, a lot of tension between the two at times!
But Suzi makes a nice replacement from Simon Lazenby and the awkward pairing of Johnny and Damon

If you thought that the BBC F1 tv coverage was bad, i had to listen to the race in work this morning on the wireless, and who were commentating on the race on 5 live today, none other than Jonathan Legard and Garry Anderson. It was truly awful.

Seems like the BBC don't even know the names of the people that work for them!
bbc.PNG

I heard FP2 on 5Live Sports extra this morning, with James Allen doing the commentary, and I was reminded of why I really disliked him commentating on ITV... He doesn't look at the information that's available to him! For example, he went on and on today about Hamilton being on his fast lap on the medium tyres, even though a quick glance at the timing screens would have told him that a) Hamilton had already run 3 laps on the set of options he was using (So had ALREADY done his low fuel quick lap on them), and secondly that his times were consistent with other drivers doing their high fuel runs. Eventually, he started going on about how Mercedes were "Trying something different" as they "hadn't sent Hamilton out for a quick run on the medium tyres" - despite the fact they clearly had! Now I realise that it's inconsequential, but surely someone must have noticed that he was talking garbage (Andrew Benson had been handing him details during the session)....

I watched the race today on the BBC. It was terrible. They skipped a lot which made it very confusing and it wasn't until I came on here that I found out Webber was being investigated.

Back
Top Bottom