Alonso's future teammate at Ferrari

Who will be partnering Alonso 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Generally speaking you need a team effort to win the WDC, sure it can get messy if both are contending, right now though Massa is not making Alonso's attempts easy, he is unable to defend the front runners and barely able to pass a Sauber.

Granted, but remember who Alonso's team-mate was when he won his World Championships. He didn't trouble anyone although he did claim to spin deliberately to avoid hitting Alonso in Turkey... :rolleyes:

It'll be Massa. If Red Bull offer Webber an extension he'd mad not to take it and Button seems very at home at McLaren. I don't ever see Kubica in an F1 car again and I think Rosberg will stick with Mercedes for a season or two longer, especailly if Schumie hangs up his helmet and he becomes No.1. As for Perez, too soon.

I've just read that Mclaren want to keep Button and he is happy to stay..plus there is an option on the third year of his contract which Mclaren can exercise and really Button does not need to get into another difficult contract row unless Ferrari who have shown in the past they are willing to pay off driver's contracts to get them

Hamilton like Button would have to pay off the rest of his contract to be released early

Massa the thing Ferrari wanted him to do is to show he was on it in Canada and being stuck being Kobayashi certainly did not help his cause when race victory was possible

I am surprised no one has suggested Webber because I don't think he will be at Red Bull next season he's lost the last 13 races to Vettel and I get the impression one of the STR drivers has to be promoted in order to get Ricciardo into F1 although Algarsuari being dropped seemed to be the favoured option for STR.

Also Helmut Marko is lurking in the pits and Horner never challenges his opinions or intentions

Hasn't Horner alerday said that they will offer Mark an contract for next year if he wants it though?

I stopped reading that when I read that name - News of the World. I suppose with no football on the media have to fill their sports' pages with something.

No way Button will leave Mclaren - he's happy there and they're happy with him. Webber is a possibilty depending on the circumstances but would he be willing to be a number 2 again? I doubt it. If Hamilton goes anywhere it will be Red Bull. Rosberg is biding his time for either Mercedes to improve or a seat at Mclaren to become available.

As has been mentioned, would Ferrari risk taking on a driver just back from injury? And if he is the same driver would they risk taking on a driver who has every capability in beating Alonso? In any case, I don't think Kubica would abandon Renault after the faith they have shown in him.

Perez is an interesting one but it would be a season too early for him I think. So it looks like Ferrari have no option but to keep Massa, if indeed they are that desperate to be rid of him.

No mention of Kamui...

Massa has had 3 reasonably decent races in which he was just as fast if not faster than Alonso. Malaysia, China and Canada. Unfortunately, he was pretty dismal in the other 4.

Massa's main problem is his consistency. Even in 2008 (his best season) he had some howlers, namely Australia, Malyasia and Silverstone.

Ok, after much deliberation, my guess would be Petrov.

He's Russian, there are loads of rich Russians who might be tempted to buy Ferraris, there is a grand prix in Sochi due in a few years, he's consistent, quick but not too quick for Alonso and he's got a good manager (Vladimir Putin ;)).

As has been mentioned, would Ferrari risk taking on a driver just back from injury? And if he is the same driver would they risk taking on a driver who has every capability in beating Alonso? In any case, I don't think Kubica would abandon Renault after the faith they have shown in him.

I hardly see how a one grand prix winner will likely challenge a 26 and counting, even mr Massa has more grand prix wins.

There seems to be this notion that Alonso decides on partners by who can beat him and who can't, if that be the case why not ask for Jarno Trulli, Jerome D'Ambrosio, Timo Glock etc, cheap and rather mediocre give or take.

So Kubica is not as good as Massa and wouldn't challenge Alonso? interesting one

As for the other 3 you've mentioned - Trulli got very near Alonso at Renault until Flav got rid of him and Glock matched Trulli at Toyota whilst D'Ambosio is matching Glock so calling any other them medocre or cheap is a little bit of an insult to em.

I don't think those stats tell the whole story Sarinaide. Kubica has never had a car that could ever consistently challenge for wins. The only time that ever happened was midway in 2008 with BMW when he got his win but then they bemusingly decided to stop developing that car - they gradually fell miles behind Mclaren, Ferrari and even Renault but he still finished 3rd in the championship. You can hold the argument that Heidfeld beat him in 2007 (rookie season) and 2009 (that car was a dog and was built more for Heidfeld). His performances last year at the drivers' tracks - Spa, Monza and Suzuka - were more than impressive. Anyway, Robert Kubica's talent is for another thread and I have already stated elsewhere how highly I rate him.

So Kubica is not as good as Massa and wouldn't challenge Alonso? interesting one

As for the other 3 you've mentioned - Trulli got very near Alonso at Renault until Flav got rid of him and Glock matched Trulli at Toyota whilst D'Ambosio is matching Glock so calling any other them medocre or cheap is a little bit of an insult to em.

If Grand Prix wins are to go by then No, but I would say it is much of a muchness between the two, the only difference is Alonso is more comfortable with Robert Kubica as a partner.

Trulli beat Alonso when Alonso was new and just out of being a reserve driver, since then the debate has been closed.

Glock was once the talk of the F1 world then went southwards, perhaps not mediocre but in the standard of drivers aforementioned in the original posters list, yep pretty mediocre by that standard.

D'Ambrossio, we covered this in the thread about him, sure he is doing well enough but until he gets a decent seat it will be largely unknown, but he doesn't blow your socks off either to suggest WDC one day.

I don't think those stats tell the whole story Sarinaide. Kubica has never had a car that could ever consistently challenge for wins. The only time that ever happened was midway in 2008 with BMW when he got his win but then they bemusingly decided to stop developing that car - they gradually fell miles behind Mclaren, Ferrari and even Renault but he still finished 3rd in the championship. You can hold the argument that Heidfeld beat him in 2007 (rookie season) and 2009 (that car was a dog and was built more for Heidfeld). His performances last year at the drivers' tracks - Spa, Monza and Suzuka - were more than impressive. Anyway, Robert Kubica's talent is for another thread and I have already stated elsewhere how highly I rate him.

Probably not and I was waiting to see how long until it will be brought up, that said BMW and Renault are not as bad as made out to be.

I don't like to add the comparison of who drove what and when or it will discount any of Vettels and Schumacher's achievements (and others) by virtue of having a better car. Massa and Kubica are much of the same in overall ability though slightly different drivers.

And just for the record I did say in my first post on this thread that I would prefer Kubica to any of the mentioned names, I have also wanted this deal to happen sometime as I think Kubica perhaps is more up for a challenge while Massa is limping off a bit like a broken man.

That is your opinion on Kubica and fair enough but I think we'll have to agree to disagree on him :) I don't think we should derail this thread though ;)

....There seems to be this notion that Alonso decides on partners by who can beat him and who can't....

Alonso's partners are actually chosen for him . I can't see Luca di Monte agreeing to anyone other than himself deciding on who drives for Ferrari.

Don't forget Massa was a World Champion for around 20 seconds at the end of 2008, it's not as if he's been consistently slow since 2006, he put (an admittely disinterested) Raikkonen in his place that year despite some mistakes, but then Hamilton did the same that year as well.

Alonso's partners are actually chosen for him . I can't see Luca di Monte agreeing to anyone other than himself deciding on who drives for Ferrari.

Agree Luca was the one who told Schumacher he was getting Raikkonen for 2007 and Schumacher will have to accept that he was no longer going to be No 1 and needed to pass on successorship at Ferrari

Luca has maintained that stance when he was after Vettel before the season started that he was going to be future Ferrari driver

okay we know Alonso has a contract until 2016 but Ferrari aint going to wait that long to see him lose to Vettel each year...he's already somewhat throwing in the towel after 7 races

Agree Luca was the one who told Schumacher he was getting Raikkonen for 2007 and Schumacher will have to accept that he was no longer going to be No 1 and needed to pass on successorship at Ferrari

Source?

Back
Top Bottom