Alonso's future teammate at Ferrari

Who will be partnering Alonso 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Massa's main problem is his consistency. Even in 2008 (his best season) he had some howlers, namely Australia, Malyasia and Silverstone.

ROFL

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8102073.stm

Rumour had it he set his car up for a sandstorm.

If not for Santander, Ferrari would not have paid off Kimi to go on a sabbatical and then recruit Alonso in return. I'd even go as far as saying Alonso carries more power at the upper echelons of Ferrari than Schumi ever did. Schumi's control was pretty much within the paddock,Todt being the main orchestrator.

I find it very sad how Massa and Kubica, and other drivers are getting be-rated in this thread, the thread is about Alonso's future team-mate, not about berating drivers who have more talent than us...

I haven't see any overly harsh words towards Massa or Kubica, facts are facts. Felipe sealed his fate in Germany last year as a number 2 driver perfectly suited for a support role. And at this point, any and all comments about Kubica as an F1 driver are nearly irrelevant anyway. Nobody knows the exact details about his condition and any lasting side-effects he may suffer from in everyday life, nevermind the limitations he might encounter in the cockpit.

I find it very sad how Massa and Kubica, and other drivers are getting be-rated in this thread, the thread is about Alonso's future team-mate, not about berating drivers who have more talent than us...

I think the discussions where on whether Massa is better suited or perhaps a move to Kubica, I think that some of the posts suggesting that Kubica will beat Alonso and thus not a good option for Ferrari seem a little over the top, I think Kubica is a fine proven option but like aggressive drivers make plenty mistakes.

In the arguement over future suiters as Ferrari and Alonso partners, I think Kubica is a far better option than Massa because his style is completely opposite to Massa and Alonso for that matter.

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Form...0620_F1_Horse_Whisperer_The_silly_season.aspx A favourite pastime for the Prancing Horse is to keep tabs on all these rumours, to see just how creative and phantasmagorical these experts can be. Recent weeks have provideed a particularly happy hunting ground on various fronts. Engineer gossip has been enlivened by the news of the restructuring of the Scuderia’s technical department, giving rise to a wave of suggestions and a list of candidates good enough to make an employment agency go green with envy. But of course, it’s still the drivers that attract the most attention. And as usual, Felipe Massa is at the centre of it all. The Brazilian is now well used to this ritual, as it began almost before he set foot in the Scuderia. Each year he is due to be replaced, even if the season is only two races old, yet year after year, he is still holding down his job. The list of candidates scheduled to replace Felipe is by now a long one, but 2011 has seen some new names appear in the charts. First there was Nico Rosberg and now we can add that of Jenson Button. It goes without saying that, yet again, this is just a load of twaddle, to use a polite word for what I really mean to say.

Source?

Autosport and why do you think Schumacher retired in 2006 knowing full well Raikkonen was likely his teammate in 2007
Only reason why Ferrari could not sign Alonso then is because Todt never forgave Alonso for turning him down in 2001 offering him a Ferrari contract similar to the one Massa was on..because Alonso could see he would have to play second fiddle to Schumacher and accepted Flav's offer at Renault to be tester and guaranteed race seat in 2003. Todt vowed as long as he was in charge at Ferrari Alonso would never drive for him

When Mclaren signed Alonso ..it was known then Raikkonen had already a pre agreed contract with Ferrari behind the scenes

I remember reading that in 2001 Todt offered Alonso a testing position with Ferrari. At the time Alonso had a contract with (and was racing for) Minardi. Minardi would not release him unless his contract was bought out, Alonso could not afford this. When Alonso approached Todt about Ferrari buying his contract Todt told him to just break it. Alonso refused and Todt never forgave him.

Erm, hadn't Alonso signed for Mclaren late 2005/early 2006 so any talk of him going to Ferrari before Schumi had even hinted at his retirement is a bit ridiculous and completely unfounded to be honest.

Erm, hadn't Alonso signed for Mclaren late 2005/early 2006 so any talk of him going to Ferrari before Schumi had even hinted at his retirement is a bit ridiculous and completely unfounded to be honest.

Alonso was announced as a Mclaren driver for 2007 before the 2006 season started when he was driving for Renault
Alonso was not on Ferrari's wish list then because I;ve already said Jean Todt never forgave him for turning an offer down in 2001 to be Ferrari test driver and future driver with the outcome more likely mean he would be No 2 to Schumacher. Todt said as long as he was in charge Alonso would NEVER drive for Ferrari. So Luca Di Montezemolo at the time was turning his attentions to the other top driver in the market - Kimi Raikkonen

Alonso was Ferrari's main target once Todt left and Luca was back in charge of the team and realised Raikkonen ripped the team off for his efforts
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can only speculate about what Ferrari want, after all, they would want a driver who can get on the podium regularly, they want to win the WCC after all.

Has anyone considered who Massa's teammate might be at Ferrari

Alonso tends to leave teams acrimoniously and suddenly, Mclaren and Renault seemed happier and got better after he left

I can't see Alonso or the Tifosi staying calm with any continued lack of success

The first law of F1 journalism: The less interesting the championship battle, the more extraordinary the silly season rumours. Almost everyone will stay where they are now. They did last season, and practically nothing has changed.

Alonso tends to leave teams acrimoniously and suddenly, Mclaren and Renault seemed happier and got better after he left.

Firstly, I don't think we could claim that Renault got better when Alonso left in December 2006. However, external factors may have contributed there.

Secondly, I don't think Alonso's second Renault departure was acrimonious, it was always likely he'd leave at the end of that contract. Remember, he was not implicated in "Crashgate".

Has anyone considered who Massa's teammate might be at Ferrari

Alonso tends to leave teams acrimoniously and suddenly, Mclaren and Renault seemed happier and got better after he left

I can't see Alonso or the Tifosi staying calm with any continued lack of success

Won't it just be easier to say you don't like Alonso?

What was acrimonious about him leaving Renault, in both instance he got the offering to go to better teams and there was the incentive of money..........who wouldn't.?

Back
Top Bottom