Grand Prix 2024 United States Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Hamilton was a buffoon at COTA 2024. I like Colipinto, but Piastri is the next big F1 Star.
its a bad week for hamilton. but you could tell during the pre race interviews. that Hamilton had been very political answers

after he cant hsve been happy that he called his car a mess & i assume undriveable, only find out they left it untouched overnight

in fairness wolff has publicly backed him

What I think will be interesting will be scrutineering after the race. If you look at the rear-facing cameras on the Ferraris, not only can you see lots of sparks, you can also see smoke coming off the floor. It would not surprise me to see the Ferraris facing a too small skidblock after the race (much like Hamilton and Leclerc in '23, Russell in Spa, etc.)
Interestingly, it appears that no cars had their planks checked (according to the scrutineering report). Given that:
  1. The scrutineers don't routinely check the planks after races
  2. When they do, they only check a fraction of the cars
Does this give teams an incentive to run the car too close to the ground. (PS - I forgot that Russell's DSQ was for being underweight, not for his plank!)

another thing i can think of, is whatever happened to "all the time you need to leave a space" which is why i understand their point of view for the russell penalty. & the bottas onboard looks more damning than the airiel shot

are the stewards hands tied & the rules are wrong. or also is it inconsistency. because from what anthony Davidson was saying & was excellent piece in difficult circumstances. that because max entered T12 v Sainz & Norris ahead it gives him permission to whatever he likes. despite it being clear to everyone that he gains the same advantage as lando. regardless of gaining or retaining a place. as if their was grass verstappen down to 5th, 6th, 7th & if its gravel he's out

& that Lap 1 T12 move changes the race. when you look at the 2nd stint. sainz pitted he was around 15secs behind. he had got that down to under 5. when i assume vassuer called it off

Interestingly, it appears that no cars had their planks checked (according to the scrutineering report). Given that:
  1. The scrutineers don't routinely check the planks after races
  2. When they do, they only check a fraction of the cars
Does this give teams an incentive to run the car too close to the ground. (PS - I forgot that Russell's DSQ was for being underweight, not for his plank!)
you give all F1 teams a inch they'll take a mile

if remember correctly i think last year they only checked 4 cars planks because apparently its not possible to get the time to do all 20. i think podium + 1 random unlucky car. as i remember a few drivers saying they felt lucky. as if all 20 were checked they couldve been DSQ as well

another thing i can think of, is whatever happened to "all the time you need to leave a space" which is why i understand their point of view for the russell penalty. & the bottas onboard looks more damning than the airiel shot

are the stewards hands tied & the rules are wrong. or also is it inconsistency. because from what anthony Davidson was saying & was excellent piece in difficult circumstances. that because max entered T12 v Sainz & Norris ahead it gives him permission to whatever he likes. despite it being clear to everyone that he gains the same advantage as lando. regardless of gaining or retaining a place. as if their was grass verstappen down to 5th, 6th, 7th & if its gravel he's out

& that Lap 1 T12 move changes the race. when you look at the 2nd stint. sainz pitted he was around 15secs behind. he had got that down to under 5. when i assume vassuer called it off
The problem is that it's not even the regulations that are being applied - but instead "Guidance" for driving.

Verstappen has realised that the way to get other drivers penalised is to stick his car up the inside, and then come off the brakes enough so that he's ahead at the apex, and then sail off the track - and has been playing this trick for several years.

However, ultimately, the decision needs to be based on the judgement of the stewards. The fact that there were three incidents at CotA that other drivers were penalized for, that Verstappen wasn't leads us to believe that the stewards are not being consistent.

1729535683010.webp

Can't condone deliberately crashing into another driver because I still haven't recovered from Australia 1994 but if they were to be a little bit clumsy during an overtake then, you know, racing incident right?

LOL

That's my point we know how Max and Red Bull react if someone stands up to them. More drivers need to do it, if Max wants to freewheel then the other driver needs to keep their foot on it and steer harder round him. Tell them if you don't go for a gap then you are not a racer. F1 is for big boys not pandering wussies who realise someone stands up and fights

Last edited:
Verstappen has realised that the way to get other drivers penalised is to stick his car up the inside, and then come off the brakes enough so that he's ahead at the apex, and then sail off the track - and has been playing this trick for several years.
on the other social medias. the feedback im getting potentially from max fans but also anthonyvDavidson. is that & max will realised this loophole

that as long your in front. you get immunity from any actions. because you were ahead. & also if you dont move positions then you also can't gain an advantage. its mental monaco will be fun you can skip the chicane as many times as you want. i was ahead of Ocon & stayed 12th. so i gained no advantage from skipping the chicane

its almost got to the point now where its pointless doing any worthwhile overtaking that isnt DRS drafting. Riccardo of 2016 would be useless in this era. you cant make a late breaking move anyone. because sainz move was cracking late breaking move. but because he was behind Max can drive his own circuit & keep the position

the quicker they get rid of these tarmac run offs the better, get grass down. sorted track limits issues. or some how if your all 4 wheels off the track, the pit limiter kicks in & unless your back on.

I am completing a case study on Formula 1 for a graduate class and required to interview F1 fans. If this is appropriate in this forum, can you share your emotional connection to Formula 1?

1. What draws you to Formula 1?
2. How long have you been following Formula 1 as a fan?
3. have you ever attended a Formula 1tournament?
4. What level of fan involvement do you have with Formula 1 (jerseys, gear, stats, watching tournaments)?

Thank you in advance! Looking forward to your questions.

on the other social medias. the feedback im getting potentially from max fans but also anthonyvDavidson. is that & max will realised this loophole

that as long your in front. you get immunity from any actions. because you were ahead. & also if you dont move positions then you also can't gain an advantage. its mental monaco will be fun you can skip the chicane as many times as you want. i was ahead of Ocon & stayed 12th. so i gained no advantage from skipping the chicane

its almost got to the point now where its pointless doing any worthwhile overtaking that isnt DRS drafting. Riccardo of 2016 would be useless in this era. you cant make a late breaking move anyone. because sainz move was cracking late breaking move. but because he was behind Max can drive his own circuit & keep the position

the quicker they get rid of these tarmac run offs the better, get grass down. sorted track limits issues. or some how if your all 4 wheels off the track, the pit limiter kicks in & unless your back on.
I agree you were supposed to keep the wheels on track.

A mistake is not punished and Verstappen spends more time passing people off track then he on track. Since when rally cross acceptable.

Someone needs to keep their foot on it to Max

Back
Top Bottom