Grand Prix 2024 United States Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

It begs the question, how is that area of the car normally adjusted?

There are numerous adjustments that can be made to a car with the turn of a spanner, key or other such tools.

Clearly this "device" is different to a straight forward method of adjustment.

If you take a wing for example, it's a twist or two of an Alan Key and jobs a good 'un. So surely the bib area under the car would have a similar simple method of applying adjustment? Following that logic we then have to ask, why go to all the effort to design a device to make what would on the face of it be a relatively straightforward adjustment and, one that can apparently only be done when the car is stripped down in some way to allow access to it?

No doubt one of the F1 Experts in the media or Ted Kravitz, will have more information on precisely what this device was

It's quite amusing that Helmut Marko has been very quiet about Red Bull's illegal part, but then again, that's Red Bull for you. It's hilarious how Horner and the Red Bull management seem baffled that they are perceived as the pantomime villains of the F1 paddock.
1729259511181.webp

1st race without Daniel riccardio having links to an F1 team since 2011 European GP in valencia. 1 of the most boring races in F1 history. Narain Karthikeyan in his final F1 race finished 24th & recorded the lowest finishing position in F1 history

that was a very surprising SQ3 verstappen 1st pole since imola, Russell somehow nearly sticking on pole, Hulkenberg 3 tenths off & what couldve been for lewis if he hadnt lost alot of time i guess at 3 tenths. when car wouldn't turn into T12

what is going on with that car. he was so good in middle of the season

it was a such handful in sprint qualifying. when car wouldn't turn into T12 & seemingly got even worse being 8 tenths slower than 24hr ago. looking at replay again. same as yesterday. car wouldn't turn into T12

what is going on with that car. he was so good in middle of the season

it was a such handful in sprint qualifying. when car wouldn't turn into T12 & seemingly got even worse being 8 tenths slower than 24hr ago. looking at replay again. same as yesterday. car wouldn't turn into T12
Presumably you're talking about Hamilton?!?

I did find it odd that lots of people were saying on Saturday that they thought Hamilton should have been on pole, had it not been for the yellow flag... As far as I could tell, the yellow flag didn't affect him at all, and it was just an evil handling Mercedes at the end of the straight... Maybe the car was set up with a little less wing , giving higher terminal velocity than Hamilton was expecting at the end of the straight. Maybe Hamilton was just trying to squeeze every thousandth of a second out of his lap, but the fact that the same thing happened in sprint qualifying, and real qualifying tells a big story.

What I think will be interesting will be scrutineering after the race. If you look at the rear-facing cameras on the Ferraris, not only can you see lots of sparks, you can also see smoke coming off the floor. It would not surprise me to see the Ferraris facing a too small skidblock after the race (much like Hamilton and Leclerc in '23, Russell in Spa, etc.)

The Artist..... hamilton overdriving is very possible. i dont get the pole claim 3rd maybe. but it just looks as if the car has dreadful understeer into t12. he lost 4 tenths in sprint qualifying. they say 6 tenths in GP Qualifying

but it just feels like yet another false dawn for mercedes. russell & hamilton both complaining about the car post qualifying. looks as bad as ever

fasinating to see if your correct on ferrari i hadnt noticed that

so apparently lewis has had no changes to his set up overnight. this is going to be a very long afternoon for lewis

Lewis Hamilton labelled his Mercedes Formula 1 car's set-up as "a mess", after his qualifying struggles continued at the United States Grand Prix after he was dramatically knocked out in Q1

I thought Danica Patrick had been consigned to the F1 commentators waste bin, along with Jonathan Legard and James Allen.

i thought that. it was the rumours post miami. but i guess she has a contract for this year. but interesting FB her races have been scaled back. she was in spain hungary & singapore last yr. now its just the americas

so apparently lewis has had no changes to his set up overnight. this is going to be a very long afternoon for lewis
or a very short one :givemestrength:

------------------------------------------------------
if stewards are giving penalties for that Russell overtake on bottas. we might as well pack up & go home.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom