2024 silly season

now is this a thing of getting ahead of the news. theyve told him are going replace him but letting him appear that he's on his own terms

or this has been a thing that was decided months ago like kimi i believe secretly decided in march he would retire but didnt make it public until October & thats the reason why he hasnt been dropped mid season because its pointless for half a season

The fact Joe Saward mentioned it as a possibility gives it credibility.

Who wants to be dead man walking just ask Mark Webber. Another of Helmut's evil schemes is working and Horner has lost another battle

I would take Joe Saward insight into this with a grain of salt. He was wrong about Perez and Perez kind of had a little fun at his expense and he really didn't take it well, lol. Obviously I don't condone the amount of vitriol apparently Saward got after he "reported" the rumor.

I would take Joe Saward insight into this with a grain of salt. He was wrong about Perez and Perez kind of had a little fun at his expense and he really didn't take it well, lol. Obviously I don't condone the amount of vitriol apparently Saward got after he "reported" the rumor.
TBH who wants to be in a job where every race you've got a gun in your back to perform or be out . You either sink or swim when swimming with sharks which is how I describe Perez's situation. Is he really enjoying his job then ?

Now you've got Liam Lesson who is effectively being tasked with perform and you can have the Red Bull seat . I really don't see a way out for Perez . Helping Verstappen secure the driver's title or Red Bull the constructors right now seems scant consolation . His biggest supporter is Horner who at the moment seems to be losing every internal battle within Red Bull so he has few allies.

If anything having dropped Ricciardo has weakened Horner's position further because it was his insistence Ricciardo is the best option to replace Perez and that has failed.

Saward has been around the pitlane long enough to know what's going on. Perez came back with fighting talk but he is only delaying the inevitable unless he finds some extra performance to outperform Verstappen and the last two races were suppose to be his type of circuits

We have seen some great competition in the last few races and I expect to see the same in the remaining 6 races of this season. McLaren is almost certain to win the WCC but we may see a twist in the WDC.

We have seen some great competition in the last few races and I expect to see the same in the remaining 6 races of this season. McLaren is almost certain to win the WCC but we may see a twist in the WDC.
id agree mclaren i dont see them being overhauled. Lando is driving brilliantly & mclaren are very consistent, im still on the fence about the drivers i think Verstappen will be just tantalisingly out of reach. but 1 non score or DNF for either its game on or game over.

as i always said in any sport. with a decfiet, dont focus on winning it, just get to the final day with a chance. because anything can & has happened

i cant tell if perez truly believes what he's saying. or if he has got a cracking poker face

Screenshot_20241019_110806_Messenger.webp

Ferrari is absolutely CRAXY to hire Lewis Hamilton and fire Carlos Sainz for 2025. I loved Hamilton is his championship seasons and when he was close. But his 38 now and 39 in 2025. He is coming to the end of his career. Qualified #19 in COTA 2024. Sainz has been challenging LeClaire.

Ferrari is absolutely CRAXY to hire Lewis Hamilton and fire Carlos Sainz for 2025. I loved Hamilton is his championship seasons and when he was close. But his 38 now and 39 in 2025. He is coming to the end of his career. Qualified #19 in COTA 2024. Sainz has been challenging LeClaire.
Hamilton beat Sainz last season in a worse car is the main factor. The Merc looks a real handful for whatever reason for both drivers

sainz has Been driving brilliantly this year & can consider himself extremely unlucky espically as Red bull should have replaced perez with him for 2025

for me its comes down to 3 things
1 - if hamilton comes available to take him. i still believe like at silverstone you give him the car he will deliver

2- sadly it was leclerc or sainz. & sainz was always going to lose that battle. in the same way vettel did. because leclerc has god like status at ferrari because of winning the Italian gp for ferrari now twice. is almost untouchable

3 - Hamilton joining is financially huge for ferrari & its a brand decision. the misque of driving for ferrari is all the legends of sport have driven them at some point. come 2025 every 4 or more time world champion will have driven for them at some point. + lauda & then senna had pre contract apparently.

Hamilton beat Sainz last season in a worse car is the main factor. The Merc looks a real handful for whatever reason for both drivers
McLaren and Ferrari are the teams to beat now. Red Bull is going down hill fast. Hamilton will not help any team next season. Look at his performance in qualifying and more imortantly in the Grand Prix at COTA 2024. I don't care if Ferrari makes him more rich, he's already very rich. I really loved the guy, but his career is about over, and Ferrari should have just kept Sainz. Ferrari does make some stretegic mistakes, and this is a big one.

McLaren and Ferrari are the teams to beat now. Red Bull is going down hill fast. Hamilton will not help any team next season. Look at his performance in qualifying and more imortantly in the Grand Prix at COTA 2024. I don't care if Ferrari makes him more rich, he's already very rich. I really loved the guy, but his career is about over, and Ferrari should have just kept Sainz. Ferrari does make some stretegic mistakes, and this is a big one.
Hamilton has not gone as downhill as Ricciardo but it does appear the car needs to be more perfect for him yo ve competitive.

COTA was one of the worst performances I ve seen him do.

Back
Top Bottom