Grand Prix 2023 Saudi Arabia GP 2023 Practice, Qualifying & Race discussion

it is such a tough one because sporting wise i love this saudi circuit, for me the best circuit since baku. but as typical with F1 as this is a new issue for other sports as it new issue for them but F1 been doing this sport washing thing for decades, they were ahead of the curve. as we discussed so often sport & politics are always intertwined. but no with bahrain, Saudi, Qatar, or even back in 50's Germany & italy were having GP's 5 years after WW2

as hard as it is ive just got to try to focus on the sport
Yes the argument then goes back to imperialism and slave trading from the west . Bernie 's stance was F1 is political neutral ... it nearly got a few Force India guys killed when they were in Bahrain

it is such a tough one because sporting wise i love this saudi circuit, for me the best circuit since baku. but as typical with F1 as this is a new issue for other sports as it new issue for them but F1 been doing this sport washing thing for decades, they were ahead of the curve. as we discussed so often sport & politics are always intertwined. but no with bahrain, Saudi, Qatar, or even back in 50's Germany & italy were having GP's 5 years after WW2

as hard as it is ive just got to try to focus on the sport
You know money is the root of all evil so they say

what a difference in 1 year, alonso in FP1 is only 0.06 slower than 2022 stroll in qualifying & quarter of a second faster than hulkenberg

1679067045121.png

Ferrari poor but McLaren, oh my word levels of poor.

There must be pictures of Danny Ric pissing himself somewhere.

Ferrari poor but McLaren, oh my word levels of poor.

There must be pictures of Danny Ric pissing himself somewhere.
the stories keep coming out about mclaren, that they say that during the design period they realised too late that they needed to change philosophies on their floor & they are were they were expecting, keep saying judge us in may/imola. as they have alot more performance to add

but its thats a massive risk. because people will judge & if they arent top 10

There are rumours that Norris could leave Mclaren if they are not progressing. I think.Seidl is a big loss
ive thought this for the last month because undoubtedly in that long contract there is no way you sign a contract with a midfield team until 2026. unless theres an annual performance break clause even Verstappen & Schumacher, i believe had break clauses & they were at 2nd best teams at the times not 6th - 8th.

what shouldnt be discounted is aston martin but that would mean getting rid of his son, which would be a big jump. but its the 1st test of how serious Laurence stroll is. is there to win or is he there to get his son a world championship. because any podium chasing team would jump at the chance to sign him

Last edited:
Depending who you believe there is at least 1 seat at Ferrari (noises suggestion Leclerc is not too happy and the internal politics has begun to rear its ugly head) , 1 seat at Mercedes , 1 seat at Mclaren that are already going to become available

The season is not yet two races old and we've already got a discussion going about where drivers will be in the future.

LOL

Due to the way its been for the last few decades where the best driver in the best car runs away with it until the next rule change, I think driver seats should be decided by lottery at the start of every race.

Saying that a driver will leave a team if they remain uncompetitive is saying the bloody obvious. Toto is quoted on the BBC sport website as saying at some point in the next few seasons Hamilton will probably leave Mercedes of they don't improve. Well no shit Sherlock!!!

Unfortunately, only the teams themselves can build competitive cars.

Back
Top Bottom