Grand Prix 2023 Saudi Arabia GP 2023 Practice, Qualifying & Race discussion

The Artist.....

yeah like brundle says sometimes it can be a bit American. where they like to bunch up the grid for entertainment. but it was a VSC at the most. but the stewards are blaming a faulty GPS

I was shocked that Alonso was allowed to serve his penalty under the safety car. as i was expecting him to go on a 2 stopper soft soft

So, Alonso has been given a 10 second penalty for not serving his first penalty properly. However, the stewards didn't notify Aston that they were being investigated within 15 minutes of the offense, so presumably, they will now be able to appeal this, and get their podium reinstated...

EDIT: Apparently, the 15 minute rule, which was introduced after Schumacher's 1994 British GP debacle, has now been removed from the sporting regs.

Last edited:
So, Alonso has been given a 10 second penalty for not serving his first penalty properly. However, the stewards didn't notify Aston that they were being investigated within 15 minutes of the offense, so presumably, they will now be able to appeal this, and get their podium reinstated...

EDIT: Apparently, the 15 minute rule, which was introduced after Schumacher's 1994 British GP debacle, has now been removed from the sporting regs.
is the penalty for the rear jackman or taking it under safety car

Fernando is not happy with the length of time it took to apply the penalty - Alonso: Something "really wrong" with FIA system for late F1 Saudi GP penalty

Personally, I'm amazed I managed to stay awake through the whole thing. I am I the only one who found it really tedious? Which is really sad, as I watched the F1 race earlier in the day and it was really exciting. At one point there were five or six cars all trying to get through the first corner at the same time, and that was about halfway through the race.

I took it that there are 3 sulky drivers Leclerc, Norris and Hamilton at the moment so the press will make it that they all want to move

As for the race itself the fact that Verstappen can come back from 15th to 2nd just shows how dominant the Red Bull is . Lets hope Perez is not going to be held back because it does not look like Ferrari or Mercedes can put up a fight

Personally, I'm amazed I managed to stay awake through the whole thing. I am I the only one who found it really tedious?
DD0F9E0A-62D4-4689-8A5A-CEC2332848EE.jpeg

Strolls overtake on Sainz was good. That’s all.
BTW Alonso’s penalty has been rescinded.

Well, that’s a turn up for the books. The stewards actually taking into account other cases where no penalty was taken into account. Interestingly, this was McLaren‘s defence for Senna in 1989… He didn’t succeed.

when will Ocon be given the points back for Bahrain?

You put Alonso in 3rd
Alonso in 4th
3rd, 4th, 3rd, 4th
You shake it all about
You do the hokey cokey
And the stewards turn it around
That's what it's all about

it was entertaining race id argue better than Bahrain but it doesnt help that. ive not known domination like this since ferrari 2002 when came with 2001 car & still stuck it on pole by half a second. red bull are even more quicker than Mercedes in 2014.

that surprised the rules allowed to take the penalty under a safety car. surely alonso hasnt been penalised if the safety car bunches everyone up & does that set a precendent that means anyone can now get a 5 sec penalty then if a safety car comes out get off scot free. but then as the alonso hokey cokey

it was entertaining race id argue better than Bahrain but it doesnt help that. ive not known domination like this since ferrari 2002 when came with 2001 car & still stuck it on pole by half a second. red bull are even more quicker than Mercedes in 2014.

that surprised the rules allowed to take the penalty under a safety car. surely alonso hasnt been penalised if the safety car bunches everyone up & does that set a precendent that means anyone can now get a 5 sec penalty then if a safety car comes out get off scot free. but then as the alonso hokey cokey
Even without the safety car ALO had a big enough gap to RUS to keep his position. I don't understand the fuss about serving the penalty under SC. If anything, it might make it worse if the cars are bunched up already...

Back
Top Bottom