Grand Prix 2019 British Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
Is this about the time that the South of England returns to winter conditions, wind, rain , floods? I mean Wimbledon and Silverstone on the same weekend, again.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
I hate to break it to you Titch but Silverstone is not in the South of England. in fact, when you come from Portsmouth, Bristol counts as the North of England, beyond that "Here be Dragons". I'll maybe admit to Silverstone being in the Midlands.

Angel

🧸 Smile, it might never happen.
Contributor
I'm roughly about level with Silverstone, though to the east of it and I live in the 'south east' of the country.

I guess it's all about perception and where you're looking at it from.

Titch, according the forecast on the BBC at the moment, Silverstone is going to be dry, sunny and warmish at 23C

Someone catch Titch before she faints from shock please!! ;)

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
I hate to break it to you Titch but Silverstone is not in the South of England. in fact, when you come from Portsmouth, Bristol counts as the North of England, beyond that "Here be Dragons". I'll maybe admit to Silverstone being in the Midlands.
I’ll leave that discussion to those more knowledgeable than myself. Although Silverstone is South of me.

Dartman

Points Scorer
Silverstone is odd being in Northamptonshire, it's just that little bit north to be in the Shires or possibly not upmarket enough, not Midlands and not in the south east, and definitely not south west

Angel

Contributor
Silverstone is odd being in Northamptonshire, it's just that little bit north to be in the Shires or possibly not upmarket enough, not Midlands and not in the south east, and definitely not south west
So where does that leave it?

Dartman

Points Scorer
Yes, Silverstone is in the undefined south, Northamptonshire just doesn't have it to be anywhere elseLOL

Angel

Contributor
I just checked the forecast for this weekend and they're saying dry, sunny, moderate winds and 21C for race day. There was talk of thunderstorms for FP2 but even that has disappeared now. Seems like the weather is planning to play nice again.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Silverstone has been saved until 2024 !

Was not last year we saw the controversial Ferrucci who not only wheelbanged his teammate but failed to appear to the stewards and drove down the pitlane without gloves and with a mobile in hand in F2

Top Bottom