Pre-Season 2018-2019 Winter testing and car launches

Let's try again

HkIxG2u.jpg

HkIxG2u

I hope they don't drip oil on that carpet!! Saying that, I don't think I'd get on with that carpet myself, too swirly for me.

Apparently Williams are going to show their livery but not their car soon. Seems a bit odd to me, but whatever. I do enjoy seeing the new cars come out each year, sometimes that is more exciting than the racing sadly.

Not a fan of the bold white Haas down the side.
And if that's a simplified front wing then I doubt the racing will improve this year.

Oh, and a large discharge of oil on that carpet will improve things imho.

I agree about the white Haas Andyoak If they'd done it gold it would have blended in better. I am guessing they wanted it to be more visible though, even if it ruined the overall look of the car.

Also I like how they went with the soft (yellow) tyres to try and make it blend in.

From what I can tell, Hamilton only gets along with his team mate when he's beating them, but when he's not..... Alonso seemed to be much the same to be fair.

As for Vettel and Leclerc, part of me is really excited and part of me is dreading it. It's going to be an interesting first few races to see how they get on.
As for Alonso... Too much politicking... Getting his side of the garage to get all the benefits and the car tuned to his liking... A one man/team kinda guy....Always detrimental to a team going forward

having a closer look at the 2019 rules & what their planning everything looks optimistic. im liking how the front/rear wing, barge boards & brake ducts have all be done so that that the wake is either reduced or moved higher in the air out of the way. but I know all of teams are cynical & think we wont have the 20% improvement Ross Brawn expects

F1 RULES & REGULATIONS: What’s new for 2019? | Formula 1®
Can't wait to see if the bigger front wings actually allow cars to follow more closely and assist with overtaking.

Will Kubica get any time to get up to speed, other than testing. ?
I really have my doubts about Kubica, and why Williams is actually taking this risk.

Was quite fast in a f1 car awhile ago. Long time ago... before he decided to go rallying b4 start of f1 season

It’s low risk really. Kubika brings a lot of dough and cachet and as long as he’s reasonably close to Russell, Williams will be fine with him. It’s actually risky for Kubika, if he can’t perform at a decent level not only he risks losing his seat and potentially sponsorship but also the prestige he’s built over the years. It’s a win-win and he should be able to help with the car set-up. Something Williams struggle with last year.

Last edited:
It’s low risk really. Kubika brings a lot of dough and caché and as long as he’s reasonably close to Russell, Williams will be fine with him. It’s actually risky for Kubika, if he can’t perform at a decent level not only he risks losing his seat and potentially sponsorship but also the prestige he’s built over the years. It’s a win-win and he should be able to help with the car set-up. Something Williams struggle with last year.
+1

It did'nt help that they had "relatively" new drivers, I guessed they paid for that route they took. Experience always help. You can bet Alfa is the team that will move forward quite a lot now they have Kimi onboard

Alfa Romeo Racing will have large internal budget (which might help), they are hiring a lot of new technical staff, expanding facilities, and they also have Frédéric Vasseur, one of the best, if not the very best-one TP currently on the grid IMHO. Kimi was the one who approached (then) Sauber, and I think he will be happy there. The plant is also close to his home in Switzerland. Plenty positives for him in that deal.

Back
Top Bottom