Pre-Season 2015 Car Launches

Williams's so-called new car has been revealed today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30915475

Whether its just a shell or its actually done I don't know. Williams seem to benifit from getting out of the so-called starting blocks early on the car front last year so hopefully they'll do the same this year.

Hopefully they'll be allowed to race the Mercs too.

B74lwvwCIAAubhR.jpg large.jpg

These new nubs are as offensive as anything we saw last season. The FIA are aesthetically and technically clueless and should just keep their nubs out of F1 car design.

Oh just thought id pop in while ive got nothing better to do.

That new McLaren looks good doesn't it. I think Mikka Hakkien has got a great chance of his first world title this year ;)

It does worry me that there are quite a few more of saubers mexican sponsors on the car then last year.

EDIT: Of course no Gutiérrez this year. Not sure that says more of me and lack of sleep or Saubers line up this year.

Last edited:
Pretty dull paint job on the Force India, why can't we get some crazy colours back on the grid? Apart from Ferrari, Williams and Caterham (if they make it) everyone is predominantly black/silver.

Some more pictures of the Williams. I think they should have done the martini logo sideways on the nose to make it look bigger.
10383588_10152746638808167_2514957980916125032_n-640x362.jpg
1421839550.jpg
f1-2015-the-2015-williams-f1-fw37.jpg

They are both a bit dull aren't they.
I like the Martini colours but it needs more Martini-ness.
The Force India is just a bit 'meh'.

The Force India looks nice, but they were one of the few colorful teams on the grid before and now they go and do this?
Mercedes: Silver
Red Bull: Dark Blue
Williams: White
Ferrari: Red
McLaren: Probably silver
Force India: Silver now also
Toro Rosso: Dark Blue
Lotus: Black (with too large of pinstripes and unnecessary red)
Marussia: Red(if they make the grid)
Sauber: Grey(not sure what their livery will be like this season but it will almost certainly be dull)
Caterham: Green (if they make the grid)

So if Marussia and Caterham fail to make the grid (even if they do they'd only add color to the show when getting lapped) the only bits of color we have are Ferrari Red and Red Bull's rather dull blue. Plenty of splashes here and there (especially on the Williams).

The Force India looks nice, but they were one of the few colorful teams on the grid before and now they go and do this?
Mercedes: Silver
Red Bull: Dark Blue
Williams: White
Ferrari: Red
McLaren: Probably silver
Force India: Silver now also
Toro Rosso: Dark Blue
Lotus: Black (with too large of pinstripes and unnecessary red)
Marussia: Red(if they make the grid)
Sauber: Grey(not sure what their livery will be like this season but it will almost certainly be dull)
Caterham: Green (if they make the grid)

So if Marussia and Caterham fail to make the grid (even if they do they'd only add color to the show when getting lapped) the only bits of color we have are Ferrari Red and Red Bull's rather dull blue. Plenty of splashes here and there (especially on the Williams).

I think you're a bit harsh. I think the Ferrari, Red Bull and Lotus (black and gold) colors are iconic. And if Mercedes goes chrome this year as is rumored then that would be iconic too (since it's the Silver Arrow team). Also McLaren is unlikely to be silver - they will either be orange or white/red. Also red Bull isn't dark blue - it's medium blue and is quite a bright color scheme.

To me the dull ones are Sauber, Caterham, and Force India. Williams could be better by making the stripes and Martini logo larger to cover most of the side of the car (but I guess they want to sell that white space).

Back
Top Bottom