Football 2014 FIFA World Cup

Fred is the least creative player in the tournament. Only good for headers and poaching goals. But Hulk, Oscar, Willian and Luiz Gustavo have been bright going forwards, especially Hulk at times. Much more creative than the Kroos led German kickabout. Hulk should really exploit Germany's lack of fullbacks, and Brazil's defense has gotten better since the beginning of the tournament, although largely thanks to Thiago Silva. But Germany has struggled to score on much worse defenses (Algeria, USA). Should be interesting really. Argentina are interesting as well as they've won every game but done so by one goal every time. Shaky defending against Nigeria, Messi magic against Iran, and a not very convincing extra time win over Switzerland. Dominated the game against Belgium but needed a lucky goal to actually put one over the line. All the teams left have glaring flaws and thats what makes this interesting.

Only 4 teams are left and the usual suspects are among them; Brazil - Germany ... no Neymar but "home-advantage". I'm going to go with Brazil but hard to call. Argentina-Nederlands ... Messi vs Robben. Even though they have been less than convincing as of lately my money is on the Oranje team to repeat as finalist. We shall see.

At least a quarter of the Brasil fans left after 60 minutes. So many empty seats in a world cup semi final. Amazing.

1-7

In all fairness he's a great offensive player, not too bad when he plays against a great defender like Thiago Silva rather than Dante. No effort from Brazil, terrible defending, and Germany did very very very well to exploit it. A bit of a freak result, but Germany was without a doubt the better and more motivated team. 4-0 would've been a fairer score though.

So Jerries or Argies? Both England arch enemies ... Me, I'm inclined to support the Argies but really both teams are great ...

Germany were not brilliant, they were just better than a shit Brazil. Both Argentina and Netherlands played dull football and cancelled each other, difficult to say which was actually the better side. Germany, with their collective danders up, will either harshly spank Argentina in the first 30 and coast to a 2-0 victory or Argentina will show them up as also rans.

Back
Top Bottom