Football 2014 FIFA World Cup

The game was on the TV, but I cant say I was paying complete attention until the shootout. Why didn't the Dutch keep a sub in reserve to break out their (not-so) secret weapon in penalties? That dude Krul was an animal against Costa Rica, getting up in peoples faces before the shot and then doing the business in net.

This match always seemed destined to remain scoreless and you know Krul was ready to go. On the game winning penalty the Dutch keeper made an absolutely feeble effort to stop it, although it probably would have just delayed the inevitable.

Also, I can't believe a team that has been as unimpressive as Argentina is in the final.

I admit I just had to have a look again at the 1990 World Cup.

They lost to a Cameroon side that finished with 9 players and just squeaked through the group stage as one of four 3rd place teams, then won in penalties of the Quarters and Semis. Fairly unimpressive indeed.

Hard to see them beating Germany this time around either.

The Dutch excelled in penalties against Costa Rica, four shots that were virtually unstoppable. Not sure why they even play Cillesen he is definitely not as good as Krul or Vorm. Not a fan of van Gaal, makes a lot of questionable decisions.

Germany 3-0 tomorrow.

It doesn't go in. It stops on the line and doesn't cross it. If it had gone in, the referee would have been alerted to the fact by GLT and a goal awarded.

Agonizingly close. Still a poor penalty by Vlaar though. Third place game should be fun. Brazil is coming off of a 7-1 loss at home and van Gaal has stated that he hates the third place game and doesn't understand why it is necessary. Robben has been quoted as saying the sole purpose of the World Cup is to become world champions. This should be fun.

Timo Glock with some legendary taunting though:

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.co...glock-trolls-brazilian-rival-with-17-dtm-car/

Brazilian defence.

7000-pic-sieve.jpg

Back
Top Bottom