2014 Car Launches

Hi everyone,

Ages since I've been on an F1 forum (so long infact I've lost my password for here so had to create a new account)

This years cars are ugly as owt, only the Merc and Ferrari look decent (blimey me complimenting ferrari!!!!)

Anyway I've now rebranded Formula 1 to Formula Wang

Penske666 (still alive and kicking)

And we thought the 2012 cars were ugly. Ah well, at least there's a lot of scope for newspaper pun writers.

Caterham:
BfEnPqGIcAECcVa.jpg:large

An ironing board with legs!!

Great to see such a wide range of looks... even if they all look awful.
At least the changes this year have opened the door to lots of interpretations; a good thing even if they only hold out to mid-season.
All we need over the next few seasons is to simplify the front wings (I hope that will help to make the nose aero more pleasing on the eye too).
Hope the racing gets as unpredictable as the designs!

Ages since I've been on an F1 forum (so long infact I've lost my password for here so had to create a new account)
I have merged your new account with your original one.

You can click on the "lost password" link the next time you try to log in to get a new password.
Note that it will be sent to your original email address (fujitsu).
If you would like that resetting, please send a message using the Contact Us link in the footer.

To me the Caterham solution looks like it leaves the largest open area we've seen so far for air to reach the back of the car... but there also seems to be much less going on to try to direct that air flow to where it's needed.

So far Caterham get's my Most Ugly and Aerodynamically Wrong Looking prize. Only Marussia cann be worse, surely :thinking: that is when we get to see it.

The Caterham looks as aerodynamic as a brick. They appear to be stuck for a good aerodynamicist and whoever drafted that thing must have grown up building 1970's kit cars.

Edit: Oh and green is definitely the right colour: :sick:

Last edited:
After Ann Summers tweet last night I think they really need to get involved in F1 as well. With the extra length of the noses there's no limit to the amount of branding space for them.

Now we know why it took Caterham so long to announce their drivers- most of the ones they offered to refused to be seen dead in it...

I henceforth rename them "Catering F1" ...for making a Dog's Dinner!

Back
Top Bottom