2014 / 2015 Silly Season. Drivers Market.

Is there really enough room in the McLaren team for two people with ego's the size of planets? All they need do now is employ Flavio Briatore use Bernie Ecclestone as a catalyst and a whole new universe would pop into creation..

Last edited:
Button and Hamilton seemed to be OK with the occasional exception. I don't see why Button and Alonso wouldn't work.

McLaren are a team well known for their preference for two star drivers.

I haven't seen it mentioned but I was also wondering if the reason Alonso appears to favour Button as team-mate has something to do with any possibly grudge he might hold against K-Mag after the incident at Spa..."ALL DE TIME YOU HAVE TA LEAVE A SPACE!!!"....

Having watched the 'footage', all I could see was mutual respect - doesn't mean that Nando and Jens won't compete but it looked OK to me.

Old fashioned term relating to a video or movie camera production which creates a broadcastable image for general release.

Ah yes. I've actually seen that press conference in full. You often get that at the last race but it was the best-humoured, funniest press conference I've seen for a long time.

Some bloke went on for what seemed like 10 uninterrupted minutes in an accent no-one could understand with the drivers trying not to giggle and eventually chatting to each other and when the interviewer was finished Vettel said "Sorry I wasn't listening can you repeat the question?"... :)

There was a mention this morning in FP1 on the BBC, and I think Sky, that Alonso might be bringing more money than was thought at first; this would enable McLaren to pay for Button. From what it was said it sounded like McLaren would actually prefer Button but it was a matter of their budget.

Back
Top Bottom