2014 / 2015 Silly Season. Drivers Market.

you have to feel sorry for Bianchi... on Saturday night he was thinking he might have a chance of becoming a Ferrari driver but by Sunday - he is fighting for his life and may never race again

Kimi is one lucky driver at the moment because Ferrari will rethink about who they want to groom up to F1

teabagyokel unfortunately it happens and even in death of drivers ie DC probably would have not been in a front running so early if it was not for Senna's untimely death

Reutemann replaced Lauda when Niki was off recovering from his burns and in Ferrari's case then to replace him permanently

This is was worst back in 60's and 70's when you had a greater chance of dying

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but it's quite possible Alonso has already got his mind on something other than motor racing altogether for next year.
, i.e the opportunity to devote himself entirely to the realisation his dream cycle racing team.

Various websites are now reporting that Hamilton has signed for McLaren for 2015.

This is turning into the silliest silly seasn ever. And in the niddle of all this Vettel hasn't even been confirmed at Ferrari yet!

At this rate the entire grid will take a one-year sabbatical in 2015.

Unless Fernando has pulled a blinder and worked his way into a Mercedes seat for 2015, regardless of what Lauda might say.

Not to self - read all other posts before posting.

Or Vettel to Mercedes and Alonso and Ferrari having a last-minute change of heart and deciding to stick together after all?
I'll get me coat.

From the horses mouth....

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/9508693/Hamilton-I-feel-very-happy-at-Merc

Lewis left McLaren because they could not make a WDC car ; why would he leave a team that is certain to clinch both titles this year by a substantial margin to go back to a team that has been even less successful since he left it?

For me its Alonso to McLaren in place of Kevin ; two wise heads are best when setting up a totally new engine/chassis combo. However Alonso may be only happy to sign for one year and that could scupper the deal. Honda will have a realistic plan to be front runners after 2-3 years at best, so they will need a big name, long term signature to ensure they don't spend millions only to find other sponsors not arriving and them having to pay all the bills. Also an F1 mega star glad handing the Honda board members is much more likely to keep the money taps on for future engine development....

Alonso on the other hand will want to know he can get out and maybe get into a Merc or Red Bull (or even a Williams) in 12 months if the McLaren is rubbish....

Back
Top Bottom