2013 Driver Line Up

mjo - He's got that one-and-a-half million quid he raised online though, although quite what the point of him driving a Marussia is, I don't have a clue.

I would suspect that Petrov is the favourite, the BBC mention Razia and Senna as possibilities, but you'd have to I imagine they've got someone lined up to make that decision.

teabagyokel - I think you're probably right about Petrov. A Russian driver in a russian team for the Russian GP next year. Makes commercial sense.
But of course if Bernie and his comrades weren't such greedy bastards then perhaps less financially prosperous teams wouldn't be in a position of recruiting pay drivers in exchange for talented ones.

Maybe Yamamoto will come back.

The number of pay drivers in F1 pretty much (at least to me) shows what total rubbish the old claim of having only the "best drivers in the world" is.

You can have all the money in the world but if you haven't got the talent you won't get a drive in F1 Niki Lauda took out a bank loan to finance his start in F1 so he was pay for a seat driver to begin with and he went on to win three titles.....

My money is on Razia for the Caterham drive.

Even more of my money is on Petrov for Marussia

And I'm gonna have a cheeky quid on Force India announcing a line up of Senna and Bianchi.

(sorry Di Resta fans)

(Does Di Resta have fans?)

RasputinLives

Di Resta is all but confirmed in that First Force India team. With Nico Hulkenberg gone Force India have said that at least 1 of the 2012 driver line-up will stay with the team in 2013. So Di Resta is staying in F1 for 2013 and from what I've heard Bianchi will be announced as his teammate and Sutil will be reserve/test driver. :ok:.

di Resta may have an existing contract but he most definitely hasn't been confirmed for this season yet.

Besides which, contracts can change at the last minute, as we have just seen with Glock.

I do support DiResta but just because he is a fellow Scot. You can't get away from the fact he has had 2 very poor seasons and has failed to live up to the hype. I hope he gets one more year. Fingers crossed its a maturity thing and he gets better the older he gets like many before him have done. You also can't get away from the fact his personality makes Andy Murray look charming.

and the current rumours are that Force India are in a bit of financial trouble themselves. Senna and Bianchi have much more sponsorship hence me taking a punt on it happening.

As I am in no way a Senna fan I hope you are correct and Di Resta stays. I'm just seeing the way things are going right now. Force India said they'd confirm before xmas and haven't. To me something smells rottern in the state of Denmark!

Bianchi is already an FI driver, it may be that he is the one who they mean when talking about keeping one of their 2012 drivers. di Resta has not always had the best of luck or good team tactics. When he has he hasn't grasped his opportunities as some other drivers would.

As far as this article suggests Di Resta is the only confirmed driver and the team strenously deny the money problems associated with VJ's airline
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns24712.html

VJ is becoming a bit of a shady character if you ask

Di Resta is paid by Mercedes not Force India as well as bringing the engines with him due to his association

Di Resta has made it clear he needs to look for a top team but really he needs to step it up to prove it ... I don;t see him going to Mclaren unless Button has a very poor season and retires permanently

Mercedes might be still on as he drove for the HWA team in DTM who a certain Toto Wolf has associations with

Back
Top Bottom