2013 Driver Line Up

Didn't Di Resta have pop at Perez saying that he got the drive at McLared because he is a pay driver so would being paid by Merc to drive for another team also make him a pay driver also? Which would make the statement that he is paid by Merc rather doubtful.

After searching the internet I can't find any indication that Paul Di Resta is employed by, linked too, or paid by Mercedes. I also find no evidence that the Merc engines have anything to do with him either and as they had them before he was there I didn't think I would.

He does get paid £160,000 a year though. Which apparently is pretty low for an F1 driver.

This image seems to confirm it.

razia.jpg

https://twitter.com/JennieGow/status/297124032426422272/photo/1

He's announced he's signed even if the team hasn't. I think he just about deserves a place in F1 (more than Chilton anyways) but two rookies is mighty risky for a team looking to move up the grid!

Apart from Bianchi was in the Renault world series last year he has a point.

Van Der Garde would be a bit left field though as Caterham said they wanted an experienced driver for the secondspot. Guess that was bull. Looks like Petrov is gonna miss out and I thought he was a cert.

If you count Razia confirmed then 4 rookies on the grid next year. If MB is right we'll have 6 which is a quarter of the grid. cue Mark Webber moaning all season about how dangerous these 'kids' are.

I have a feeling that Force India might be waiting to have a good look at Bianchi at the first test and then use that to weigh up their options.

Also, I don't know much about Van der Garde but he's always seemed quite a way off the pace of the established drivers when he's had a run in the car. And Marussia may well start with a much improved car but it's not going to help them if they have to rely on two new and unproven drivers, although I guess it can't be helped.

I hope that some of the new rookies on the grid are actually decent because it's looking a bit depressing at the minute.

Hammy all we were saying was that he wasn't confirmed which he wasn't.

Still think there is something fishy going on at Force India. There new car is supposed to be launched today. Any news?

sushifiesta not sure on the Bianchi theory as he was with them all last season and did a number of Friday sessions so they should know him by now. Not sure what difference one more test will make. As for Van Der Garde, our dutch expert Josh seems not that fussed about tge guy which prob sums up his lack of potential. A poor mans Jos Versteppen? I guess Mclaren rated him about five years ago.

Back
Top Bottom