Grand Prix 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

It all comes down to the final race, sort of. There is no ‘versus’ this year, in terms of the WDC or the WCC – RBR have them both in the bag.

Alonso is safely second in the driver’s championship and, realistically, third place will go to either Hamilton or Webber – with Rosberg as a long shot if Hamilton and Webber fail to finish. Mark Webber usually excels here, and as this is his last race in F1, he may decide to go out in a blaze of glory and capitalise on Hamilton’s lack of luck in Brazil.

Second place in the WCC is as equally exciting, with Mercedes and Ferrari contending for the honour and cash. On paper, it should be Mercedes with two strong drivers; however, Massa sometimes does well at his home track, winning in 2006 and 2008, and may yet be inclined to pull his finger out again for his home fans!

Rumour has that the circuit is one of the most demanding for the drivers, and that it is loved by teams and fans alike but is that enough to create an exciting race when there is sod all at stake except for individual drivers who are still looking for next year’s seat?

Interlagos has been part of the F1 circus for 40 years, becoming a permanent fixture in 1990 and has been the venue for many deciding battles – sadly, not so this year – but it could yet throw up a stonking race.

No, it suggests to me that Massa's been quite quick in qualifying.
As he has indeed been for most of his career, as Kimi would tell you. ;)

Last edited:
Once you delay a session for 10 minutes, you're looking at a guaranteed half-hour delay at minimum. The track can only worsen significantly. When cars are running, the circuit is almost always getting better. And Sushi you're spot on about the needless logistics involved in toting the Full Wets around the world when they only ever do a handful of laps.

Charlie and the boys ruined what could have been a thrilling 10 minute shootout.

It's probably generated by Vettel's continuing and undisputed dominance, but I have to say I've never seen such a general lack of enthusiasm towards a season's last race as I I'm seeing for this one.

Another stupid application of a regulation, as if smashing your car up and traumatising your brain and body isn't penalty enough. Engine and gearbox change penalties should only be applied in cases of mechanical failure to due unreliability, since that is the principle behind limiting how many a team should use in a season.

Last edited:
That was very interesting. Rob Smeders taking photos with his team mates. Looked like good bye photos to me. Smedders following Massa to Williams looks almost certain.

I'm sure it was mentioned that Smedley was heading to Williams before Massa was confirmed there. No surprise that the partnership is staying together.

How about having left school in 1969 ??!! Ted interviewed Andy Green and if I hadn't been sitting down I'd have fallen over when Andy reminded us that it has been 19 ****ing years since Thrust SSC broke the land speed record!

fenderman's note: The expletive is mine not Andy's. LOL

Last edited:
Big up Seb. 9 in a row. JB great race. Unfair drive throughs for massa and hammy. But 2nd in constructors for the Mercs is a result.

Kovy 14th you have to say Valsecchi was a better choice.

Good luck in Porsche Mark. Nicest bloke in F1 is gone.

Well its been fun, here is hoping for a closer 2014.

I'm reserving judgement on the Hamilton thingy until I've seen the analysis. That was pretty harsh on Massa, I'll be interested to hear how many warnings he got and if they were timely.

Could Webber get a post race drive through for the helmet thing?

Well it may have come too late but Perez put in a storming drive to start 19th on the grid and finish within seconds of his team mate. Shame McLaren pitted him second in the second stint as he would have go the jump on Rosberg and potentially we could have seen a 4th or 5th for McLaren with either driver in higher place given Perez's lap times were so good.

Back
Top Bottom