Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jarno Trull

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Valued Member
Ok, time to vote for your Turkish GP driver of the weekend. In my opinion there are going to be a mixed bag of results this time out. Webber for example, was on the pace all weekend and was on for win number 3 until the coming together with his team mate.

Hamilton looked good all weekend in a car that isn't quite there with the RBRs just yet and took a hard fought win after managing to stay in touch for the bulk of the race.

Further down the field we had an STR setting the fastest lap of the race, Bruno Senna out qualifying the Virgin on merit and showing that the HRT is slowly climbing off the back of the grid and Kobyashi at last showing some of the pace that made him F1's hottest prospect just a few months a go.

So who is going to get your vote?

Some names to think about there.

I'd also like to suggest Vitaly Petrov who was on for an 8th place finish until Alonso sliced his tyre while attempting to pass.

On balance I think I'm going to go for Hamilton.
He managed to split the Red Bulls (albeit Vettel had a problem supposedly) and despite being beaten off the line due to being on the dirty side of the track, he still managed to retake the position before the first lap was over.

Then he just harried Mark all race and it was only due to a fumbled pit stop which saw him drop down to 3rd.

His relentless pressure paid off though once the Red Bulls tangled and despite being caught unaware by Button whilst cruising to the finish, he still managed to pull off an great repass on the dirty side of the back straight and brake later into turn 1.

I'm going for Hamilton - Not only for the win, but with Vettel and Button down as passes to his name he had the best scalp list for the race, I just wish his pit stop had gone cleaner and so he could have won the race purely on merit rather than throught the generosity of his competition.

For me, it has to be Webber. He should, and probably would, have scored his third straight win if not for Vettel trying to pass in a stupid place, running out of talent and ploughing into Mark.

I would put Petrov second and Hamilton third, since I am not convinced that the McLaren isn't the equal of the Red Bulls at the moment. I wonder if RBR will use their version of the F-duct next race to try to re-establish a bit of superiority over McLaren.

A tricky one, this.

I've voted for Hamilton.

Webber was pole but supposedly without Vettel's problem in qualy, Vettel would have been pole... Webber was leading and was only robbed of victory by Vettel, but perhaps Hamilton would have passed Webber as well.. Who knows..

Hamilton, however, was quick all weekend, qualified 2nd (even third behind both RBR's if Vettel was pole would still be the best of the rest) and had the wherewithal to re-pass Button to claim the lead.

Well i guess i'm going to break the mould as usual and whilst it would be easy for me to vote for Hamilton tbh that was pretty much the kind of race i'd expect from a big name and therefore whilst outstanding is slightly less impressive.

The name that has been mentioned here and who i will vote for is Petrov. I think he had an outstanding weekend for a rookie and showed a new level of maturity in his racing albeit blighted by a certain Alonso towards the end of the race itself. In the top ten in every session and whilst the puncture cost hom a points scoring finish he did set the fastest lap of the race in the end.

Has to be Lewis for me, got mugged by Sebastian at the start, mugged him straight back, he applied constant pressure insuring that Sebastian made a huge misjudgement, got mugged again this time by Jenson and mugged him straight back. His car was so stiffly sprung it looked like he was on a knife edge the whole race long, I can't imagine what his bum felt like after 58 bruising laps!

For dragging a car with no right to be there into Q3 - again - and giving a team a point for the first time this season (albeit fortunately), my vote goes to the much maligned ?? ???, of Sauber.

I've gone for Kobayashi as well. Well deserved point, let's hope we see more of him further up the grid in the coming races

Back
Top Bottom