Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

He only missed out on Q3 due to the yellow flag did he not?

It has only been the first race but I hope questions about his dad don't continue. He doesn't need journalists asking how ****ing proud his dad would be and all the other ****y questions, especially not during the season.

That Safety Car was an outrageous break, but I did enjoy the slalom moment.

It is the same old story really, poor qualifying, stunning tactical awareness, racing nous and raceday speed.

Well of course he didn't, we all know that. He was on his final fast lap when he had to pass the Ferrari though.
What's the point your trying to make?

It has only been the first race but I hope questions about his dad don't continue. He doesn't need journalists asking how ****ing proud his dad would be and all the other ****y questions, especially not during the season.

A large part of the paddock were wearing pink shirts or pink badges in Melbourne in honour of JB's father, so they were always going to talk about it.

Last edited:
Viscount I said I hope they don't continue asking questions about his dad.
The questions were plain dumb that's what really annoys me, these Sky reports get paid a ****load of money and then ask him, "would dad have been proud?"................

I remember having been to the funeral of a very good friend/colleague of mine we were talking about our memories of him during our journey home. We finished up in uproarious laughter at some of the events; I did wonder whether or not I should make the post but it seemed to be one of those things that John Button would have enjoyed.

PS At the cremation of my father-in-law they couldn't get the curtains to close so we had to leave with the coffin still in view. my mother-in-law was a bit put out until I said that I could just imagine what he was saying about the situation "and they couldn't even manage to get the bliddy curtains to work to give me some privacy". She burst in laughter and agreed with me, the sombre part of the day was over and we had our memories to comfort us.

The questions were plain dumb that's what really annoys me, these Sky reports get paid a ****load of money and then ask him, "would dad have been proud?"................

Rarely does an interviewer in any sport ask a truly interesting question. And I'll admit that I didn't watch Sky coverage last weekend but I'm fairly certain those "questions" were merely a means to give JB a chance to recognize the monumental role that his father played in his life.

There was always going to be extensive coverage of the loss of John Button, a paddock mainstay for nearly 15 years. I'm sure they will move on in Malaysia.

Just a quick word for JB after his 250th GP at Bahrain as he had an awesome drive in a very off the pace Mclaren and would have been on for a brilliant 5th if he hadn't had his clutch problem.

Its hard to fault JB's form at Mclaren over the last few seasons.

Back
Top Bottom