Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

So, after first and second practice, Button has been 0.5 seconds ahead of his highly rated new team-mate... Given all the hyperbole from DC and others, it's good to see JB proving that there's still plenty of life in the old dog!

Interestingly, JB set his fastest time in FP2 on the mediums, whilst everyone else set theirs on the softs. Surely there's more to come from JB this weekend.... Unfortunately Kevin seems more like a Heikki than a Lewis!

I think its a little harsh judging in on 2 practice session. Especially he's hardly ever done any running on Pirelli tyres (World Series run on Michillen).

Considering all the new things he had to get used too and all the new things Mclaren had to get used too I think the fact his long runs were relatively on the pace was quite impressive.

Last edited:
It's hardly fair to judge a driver on the first two sessions of free practice. We do not know what the McLaren targets were for the two drivers and whether or not there were any issues for either of the cars.

My following post does have something to do with Jenson ****ing Button.

He did alright, he got lucky with the safety car and made up four places and he timed his pit stop perfectly and managed to jump three more cars with the undercut but Alonso probably stayed out a lap to long which helped Jenson, Bottas helped him out by causing the safety car and taking himself out of contention but he ****ed up qualifying, still nobody's perfect a good result all the same..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom