Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

I don't remember people saying Hamilton was over rated it was more like The Artist..... said a few experts and many highly over confident so called motor racing fans thought Hamilton was going to thrash the pants off Button and anything less was a Mclaren conspiracy against Hamilton

You go on the any other forum site you still there is the same old crap about Hamilton vs Button on the forums

----------------------------------------------------------------

No matter what ridiculous theory they say about Button - the records show he has beaten Hamilton as his teammate in F1

--------------------

Your greatest enemy in F1 is your teammate if the car is crap then the only person you can beat is your teammate is it not to prove you're the better driver

Usually by mid season the new driver is suppose to be able to race with the incumbent .. so how many times has Perez beaten Button in races this season then ?

I think the reason why Button won;'t commit longer to Mclaren than this year

Is one of few things

i) He still harbours dreams of driving the best car or for Ferrari before his career finishes
ii) He is not sure about Mclaren's competitive level
iii) I think he learnt the last time he put his name through a watertight contract how costly it was to his career, reputation and money terms to get out of it and this time he has not got age on his side if he does commit

Those are all good points that must be considered by any driver and lets face it how does any driver know how he will feel in 3 years time Damon wanted to quit and did quit before the end of his contract with Jordan, we know that Vettel has stated he doesn't know where he will be in 3 years time or even if his interest in F1 will last that long, it's a big deal to sign your name to a long term contract when you know it will cost you if you want to get out of it, Jenson knows this more that anyone don't forget he spent 5 million quid of his own money to get out of a contract with Williams....

I suppose when you are given a crap car to drive then you tend to lose interest although he looked really good in the FP's I'm not really sure what happened after that but yeah come Jenson pull yourself together man or I too will lose interest in supporting and defending you....

Actually I have a slight glint in my eye for Vettel at the moment, even his doughnuts are as smooth as silk..

Yet Whitmarsh continues to use terms such as excellent, skillfully, impressive and spectacular to describe a quite frankly terrible weekend finishing yet again behind his below par team mate. The only reason I can see for this is if he needs a confidence boost but JB is too strong to need that.

I'm glad Jenson is still on this planet and knows what he has to do.

If he can get into Q3 it should make the world of difference given he's less likely to get first corner damage which if it's affecting him as much as suggested with his ability to manage the tyres on long stints should mean he can challenge a bit more.

Not that it matters a jot.

I suppose the only plus for the weekend is that Jenson did manage to make up five places to get into the points whereas Perez finished in the same position he started in, but that still doesn't explain his qualifying as he was going pretty well in the FP's I thought Q3 was a given for him last Saturday....:dunno:

Last edited:
Yeah but he had new tyres and slower cars to pass together with a couple (one?) two stoppers in front. It was probably a tall order for Perez

It's weird, really weird, it's not exactly standard for JB but it's almost crippling his ability to get a decent points haul with the first lap damage.

Let's see if they fix it for Brazil.

Mind you every year I watch F1 Jenson seems to have a couple or so races in a season where I think well that was distinctly average what the **** are you doing....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom