Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

Its not very often news like this makes me feel proper sad but this time it did.

A really character and a proper decent bloke. The F1 pitlane will not be the same without him.

A figure of fun here at Clip The Apex but I was always certain he'd love the joke just as much as us which is why I wrote him into my own F1 files too. Rest assured John, Dancia is shedding a tear for you.

Sleep now JB senior. We'll drink a glass of wine to you.......hang on......this isn't wine.....;)

Last edited:
_72603219_mclaren1.jpg

No, well he may be implying that but as usual he is full of shit, Jenson signed a one year contract at McLaren because of the piece of shit car they produced last year, he gave them the chance to get it right not the other way round Jenson will be able to pick up a top drive in F1 for as long as he wants to, it will be his decision when he wants to retire nobody else's....

Remind me was DC square pants ever a world champion? Because I'm fairly sure he wasn't the only thing DC has ever been is a so so driver with a yes sir attitude and a willing number 2 and he managed to stay in F1 for 15 years..

Last edited:
So a driver can choose to leave a team because the car isn't good enough for them, but the team (the one's that pay for everything including the driver) can't decide to get rid of a driver if they aren't performing to standards they expect? I'm sorry but WDC or not, if a driver is no longer demonstrating they can win a WDC if that's what they've been brought in to do then I don't think a top team is going be dictated to. Sorry that's for all drivers not just Jenson.

Back to Jenson, if he isn't better than or a challenge for Magnusson, then unless he's willing to be a Massa, how can it not have repercussions? Career ending maybe not but I can't see top teams wanting him as their top driver. Which essentially is what Jenson wants.

I'm not a huge fan of DC but it's a discussion topic that can be made about any driver when a highly rated rookie comes in, especially after what Hamilton did against all expectations.

We are getting a bit ahead here. Magnusson is an untested F1 rookie, he may, or may not live up to his billing. If he does ( and I for one, would love to see that), then it will be time to start pointing a finger at Jenson. JB has shown talent in the past, but IMO he is too ready to cruise, he's turning into Coulthard number 2.

It is a performance oriented sport. If any driver is not performing in line with the teams expectations, then questions should be asked, that does not just go for Jenson.

Being beaten by a rookie did little to harm Alonso's reputation in the long term, that said, Jenson is further in to his career now than Alonso was.

I think, given their ages, it is likely that JB, FA and KR are all a few years past their prime. They are still better than most, but the only way for them to go is down. Reflexes and other motor skills diminish with age. It is merely a question of how quickly they diminish, not whether or not it will happen.

If Magnussen out performs Jenson this season, there is no way in the world that a top line team wiould desire his services, especially after beaten by a rookie.

I think it's unlikely that Button will ever drive for Red Bull, Ferrari or Mercedes given their current line ups but I'm sure any other team on the grid would be delighted to have him for 2015 no matter what happens in 2014. In fact, I'll be reasonably surprised if he doesn't end his career at McLaren, and I'll be surprised again if his career doesn't last several more years.

I am not going to pretend that I'm Button's biggest fan, I find it difficult to get excited by him, but people judge him too harshly. If he's not in the Vettel/Alonso/Hamilton/Raikkonen category he's not far off and it would be a monumental achievement for Magnussen to beat him in his first year. And no one can take his world championship away from him.

Last edited:
What garbage? You reckon if Magnusson beats him convincingly he can still have his pick of seats?

You should pay particular attention to the word 'if'.

If.....Hulkenberg has a repeat of last season, and Magnussen outperforms Button, look for Hulkenberg and Magnussen in a Mclaren Honda for 2015.

A certain Stoffel Vandoorne might have something to say about that.

I do feel a bit sorry for Jenson this year as he's on a hiding to nothing. If he beats K-Mag then he was supposed to but if he loses then he's judged. I guess thats what happens when the younger talent comes through though.

He came through it with Perez last year though.

Back
Top Bottom